Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Fixed Price VS Best Offer...IYO Which Sells Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorP

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey There,
Another newbie here. I have some domains that I have parked and have them priced with a "best offer"...In your experience is it better to ask for a fixed price or is a best offer more attractive to buyers??
Would you rather know what the owner wants up front or is a best offer more your style?

Also, which types appear to get more internal hits from the site where they are parked? Best Offer or Fixed Price? Cheers, Doc

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I'm browsing Sedo or Afternic I ignore all Make Offer listed domains because I know they'll want too much for their domain. I only check out Buy Now type listed domains, coz I know what the seller is expecting and I don't waste my time sending offers to unrealistic sellers. YMMV.

DoctorP

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stu!
That info is very helpful. I appreciate your response. I think I will change my make offer domains to fixed price domains. Cheers! Doc

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. The only domains I list with "Make Offer" are domains that I'm parking for PPC and am not really looking to sell.

People don't want to toss random numbers out. I do wish these types of sites had a place that you could specify "make offer within range" instead of just make offer. There are several domains that I would rather put a range down for than a specific price.

To answer your question though, fixed price sells better for sure if the price is reasonable. (i.e. fixed price for a million dollars for a useless domain and it won't matter, you won't be selling it. :-D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom