Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

FlashDVD.com and FlashDVDs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just don't get it!!

I first placed both names on SEDO/AFTERNIC last week with an opening bid of $750. So I figured let's put them on the DNF auction and give it a try for less. No bites. Well, a few minutes ago, flashmovie.com sold for $2,650. at pool! I know I have to be missing something here (other than my mind)!? Could someone please PM me with what it is?

We have to--somehow, someway!?--inform all the speculators, investors, brokers, players, etc.--who already know about and who use NW and Pool!!--that this auction exists, that the material consigned is not ALL detritus and castoffs from professionals in the trade, and that plenty of good buys are available to be had!!

But I'm sure this clarion call has been made numerous times before. I wish I knew more about the inner workings of the internet itself. I could maybe be more helpful. I certainly would like to be.

What is my auction experience? Standing/sitting in Christie's, Sotheby's, Phillip's and raising my paddle/arm/hand/finger to make a bid on a painting or sculpture that I wanted. (That is why I knew that Sotheby's and EBay's attempts to use the internet to sell high-end works of art would both fail!!) There is a special visceral feeling that one gets when one views/holds/touches art (especially when one falls in love with a piece!) And there is an enormous pleasure in winning it from everyone else in the room! Pools "business model" follows a similar path: the winner WINS!

Please forgive my naivete; I just wish I could be more helpful.

Upvote 0

lopramine45

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Totally agreed. I'm new to this, and it took me several days before I even found out about this. But i'm glad I did :) Only by getting more people can we attract both buyers and sellers. Sellers don't want to sell on a place where they get horrible results, after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom