Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Flippa: bidding up to find the reserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJK

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a website on auction at Flippa, and it appears there's a bidder who's bidding against himself in order to hit the reserve price -- not that I mind it.

I'm quite new to Flippa, and I'm wondering if "bidding to find the reserve" is very common?

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have found that most sellers will disclose the reserve, either by post or more often by pm or email.

quadxnet

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a website on auction at Flippa, and it appears there's a bidder who's bidding against himself in order to hit the reserve price -- not that I mind it.

I'm quite new to Flippa, and I'm wondering if "bidding to find the reserve" is very common?

It makes sense to me. Lets say I'm bidding on an auction and I have $85 bid in and it says "You have not hit the reserve yet" and I'm willing to go up to 150 anyways I don't really have much of a choice. I can either keep climbing my bid and hope to hit the reserve or I can sit on my $85 and hope you will sell it to me anyways after the auction if the reserve is never met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom