Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

FLIPPA: Need help and a couple questions answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a question regarding Flippa I thought some here may have the answer for. Thank you in advance!

How do they assure they are paid when the auction closes, since they do not handle escrow or the name transfer, how do they assure getting paid their fee? I know they can suspend the account if you as a seller don;t pay the fee but is that it?

Thanks

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyer pays the Escrow.com and they deduct the Flippa fee and they pay you. Escrow.com will pay Flippa.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyer pays the Escrow.com and they deduct the Flippa fee and they pay you. Escrow.com will pay Flippa.

You are 110% positive, what if the buyer doesnt use escrow.com or is that the only option of payment now that flippa has a partnership with them?

It appears that flippa worked on the honour system, seller paying their fee when a name trades and if they dont they close the account. Has this changed?

Looks like you can use paypal etc, therefore how does Flippa guarantee they get paid their fee, or is there none?

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are 110% positive, what if the buyer doesnt use escrow.com or is that the only option of payment?
Last time I used, there was Paypal and Escrow.com. If the buyer pays with paypal then you'll be invoiced for the amount once the transaction is completed. If you don't pay it then they'll probably suspend your account.

Edit: There's no guarantee. They just invoiced me for the fee. They just hoped I would pay it.

If a sale doesn't go through then they'll give you 100% credit (their Flippa credit so you can relist the listing). And if the name doesn't sell then you'll get 50% off the new listing. That's how it worked when I used it last time. Right now they got a new rating system for buyers and sellers. I haven't listed anything recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom