Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Flippa seller claims Pokemon Go typo receiving thousands of visitors

A

Andrew Allemann

Seller wants to quickly flip Pokemon Go typo.

A seller has listed PokeymonGo.com — a typo of the popular game Pokemon Go — on Flippa, claiming it “was receiving thousands of visitors to his website” just minutes after it went live.

He’s trying to quickly flip the domain and site on Flippa. With close to 100 bids, the auction is now over 2,000.

According to the Google Analytics screenshot posted on the auction page, the domain’s traffic isn’t coming from type-ins. This makes it really confusing how the site received thousands of visitors within just a few minutes of putting the site live.

Here’s the Google Analytics screenshot provided with the listing:

pokeymongo.jpg

If you type Pokeymon Go in Google, it will correct it to Pokemon Go. However, I was able to get this site to show up first if I searched directly for PokeymonGo.com. Although a lot of people search for entire domain names on Google, I’d expect to see more direct traffic if this is the search term driving visitors to the site.

As Elliot Silver pointed out, Pokemon is a trademark of Nintendo. Although I don’t expect them to go after the thousands of newly registered domains with Pokemon in them, it’s a risk of a site becomes popular.

© DomainNameWire.com 2016. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact copyright (at) domainnamewire.com.

Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.

The post Flippa seller claims Pokemon Go typo receiving thousands of visitors appeared first on Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Views.

Related posts:

1. Amercia.com domain, featured on Mashable, up for auction at Flippa
  2. Visiting Flippa in Melbourne, Australia
  3. Buying Bids at Flippa: A look at marketplace integrity

Continue reading...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom