Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

flipping a .com domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingLeader

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I found a great active but unused domain that I think I can buy low and resell high. I think I read that one must hold a domain for 30 days before reselling it.

Is there a holding period before I can flip a domain? Also, any other advice on quickly flipping a domain would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RingLeader said:
I found a great active but unused domain that I think I can buy low and resell high. I think I read that one must hold a domain for 30 days before reselling it.

Is there a holding period before I can flip a domain? Also, any other advice on quickly flipping a domain would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
With one of the major players (i.e. GoDaddy, Namecheap, Moniker, eNom, etc), you should be able to instantly push a domain name to another user after successful registration.

Perhaps you are confused with the ICANN regulation that domain names cannot be transferred out of one registrar for a period of 60 days.

RingLeader

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Say the name was at Enom, and I had it transferred to Godaddy when I purchase. I would then need to sell it to somebody registered at Godaddy or wait 60 days to transfer to the buyer if they insist on a registrar other than Godaddy?

What is the best way to approach this? Just get an account where ever the domain is registered at?

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, you would choose where to register the domain, no?

You cannot transfer registrars within the first 60 days of it being there (a new registration or new transfer).

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RingLeader said:
Say the name was at Enom, and I had it transferred to Godaddy when I purchase. I would then need to sell it to somebody registered at Godaddy or wait 60 days to transfer to the buyer if they insist on a registrar other than Godaddy?

What is the best way to approach this? Just get an account where ever the domain is registered at?

that is correct, if you transfer to godaddy you can push the domain to another godaddy member instantly , but if the buyer wants to transfer out then the 60 days has to go by, and yes it is your best bet to open a free account where the domain is regged at now so you can take a push instantly if you buy it, remember though that some puke regstrars like 1and1 don't have a push option, only a tranfer out option.

RingLeader

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok great, I just received an email that they accepted my offer. The domain is at network solutions. It just so happens I have an account there. So here is what I think I need to do from reading network solutions faqs.

I initiated the domain transfer request at NS, Seller approves the transfer to my account once my money is in the escrow account. Domain moves to me.

Then when I resell the domain I can move it instantly to a new buyer with a network solutions account or transfer it out to another registrar.

This is my first real gem domain find so I am a little nervous about screwing something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom