Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

flipping domains..

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam5605

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many of you actively flip domains fulltime for a living?

When i say flipping i dont mean generating money from parking but just flipping.

Do you target end users? Are all your domains aftermarket ones? where do you source them?

Each person ahs their own methods would be good to hear different people's ways

anatoly

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if somebody does decide to share their secrets i am all ears too :)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me too, and my wife says I have big ears! :D

The simple:

Find a domain that someone will want, register it, then sell it to them for a profit.

Don't expect to get many, if any, $xxxx+ sales. Concentrate on the $50-$200 sales, even one $10 domain sold for $50 is a 400% profit margin which is great in any industry.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many of you actively flip domains fulltime for a living?
Well, I flip domains for many hours a week, not sure whether you'd call it full-time ... but I make virtually no parking or PPC income, so flipping is my domaining job.

(In the past 2 years, I've sold slightly more than 3,000 domains.)

Do you target end users? Are all your domains aftermarket ones? where do you source them?
I've tried to contact some end users, but never had any success. I have about 5 end-user sales a year; they've always found me (through whois or through my Sedo and Afternic listings), rather than the other way around.

The vast majority of my sales have been on domain forums, to other domainers. I try to find good keyword domains (usually 2 words, .com or .net) that have decent development potential, then offer them at reasonable prices that still provide an adequate ROI. Most of my domains come from regs, but quite a few are bought on forums, eBay, or drop sales (especially TDNAM).

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The vast majority of my sales have been on domain forums, to other domainers. I try to find good keyword domains (usually 2 words, .com or .net) that have decent development potential, then offer them at reasonable prices that still provide an adequate ROI.
I bought few from randomo.
Good prices and nice to deal with.

Dorkside

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Flipping domains for a living is very hard to do if you're just getting into it now, unless you have a large amount of money at your disposal.

I think the better way to go is to develop any domains you have into web sites. There's a big learning curve, but I believe it's the more realistic way for a beginner to make some serious money.

My top advice for flipping domains is to buy the best domain you can afford, rather than to hand register or buy dozens/hundreds of lower priced domains and hope that one of them will pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom