Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Fly Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FlyCheap.org was just released. Upon checking, there is a
(tm) for FlyCheap.com

So, another firm could not offer a similar service on the .org
domain?

FLYCHEAP.COM
Goods and Services IC 039. US 100 105. G & S: TRAVEL RESERVATION SERVICES, NAMELY, MAKING RESERVATIONS AND BOOKINGS FOR AIR TRANSPORTATION, PROVIDED VIA A GLOBAL COMPUTER NETWORK OR VIA CONTACT WITH A SALES AGENT. FIRST USE: 19990926. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19990926

If so, all someone has to do is (tm) its .com name and they
would not need to buy any of the other domains for the life
of the (tm).

Am I correct in this logic?

Please advise.

Please note - I did not buy flycheap.org but almost!!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting one - flycheap.net was regd in 1996 and is a travel site, other extensions are also taken - .info and .biz were reg'd in 2001 for example.
On this basis tm wouldn't appear to be a great problem at the moment but then again...
I reg'd the .org but if you want it feel free to PM me and I will pass it over for reg fee as I wouldn't have know about it except for this post.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr, Webname,

Thank you for your offer. But, I will let the pro's (like yourself) fight the battle.

I do not feel they should have a right to it. But, I will let the JDs' figure it out.

Thanks again.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If FlyCheap.com is TM for airline travel reservations then yes..they own the trademark and NO you cannot register Flycheap.org and sale airline Tickets..you would then be infringing on FlyCheaps trademark...(well you can..but expect a C&D letter)

Thats the whole purpose of a trademark..

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.org is really supposed to be for noncommercial entities anyway... If you were to use flycheap.org as an address for a noncommercial site that discusses travel bargains, without actually selling reservations there, then it would probably be noninfringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom