Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Folks with AdSense: Down or the Same Sat 7/30/2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear Folks,

I would greatly appreciate feedback from those of you with AdSense revenue as to whether your total revenue dropped a lot today (Sat, 7/30/2005), remained the same, or went up. I have made a couple changes to my sites recently and today my AdSense revenue tanked and I am trying to figure out whether there is any connection between the two -- or just coincidence. I would be particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has experiecne with both AdSense and GoldKey. Many thanks. Please let me know either by posting here or by PM if you do not wish to post here.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of my sites that normally generates $5 a day..

CPM = $0.14 AHH!!!!!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Duncan. Any others?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My revenue has been pretty normal today, maybe a few % down, but not much

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine has been down to less than 50% of normal/average for almost 10 days....it bounced back to near normal level for one day on 7/28 and now again for last couple of days its been pathetic...not sure if its just me or something going on with adsense in general.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its the end of the month.. advertisers $$$ ran out, this is normal.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Adsense has been down for me, my account is in a diving depression, same amount of clicks, same CTR, lowere eCPM, I'm getting less out of the same traffic and amount of clicks. Its started going bad about a month ago and just keeps slipping bit by bit.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, the last few hours has been a case of Olympic-like diving in my eCPM, but I'm pretty sure Mike is right...

So I guess I'll just go play golf tomorrow and forget to check my Adsense stats until Tuesday evening, by that time all should be well.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also HOPE Mike is right but realistically I've not seen a dip like this for almost the entire 2nd half of the month over last several months....

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear its not my adsense that has taken a nose dive.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow -- thanks folks for the posts -- many of which are confirmatory. I really appreciate it. They say that misery loves company. That is not really true -- but I am relieved if the large drop in my AdSense revenue on Saturday is not due to Google penalizing a change which I have made in many of my sites last week. There are so many different variables and AdSense payment mechanisms can be relatively opaque so it is hard to tell what is causing what sometimes. Thus far, some of the possibilities are:

(1) end-of-month temporary drop due to monthly AdSense ad budgets running out [likely to bounce back in August]

(2) Google changing their page ranking system in a relatively permanent trend with respect to sites with multiple link-related content -- following up on some posts I have seen in forums [this would affect page/ad views]

(3) Google changing their payment system in a relatively permanent trend as a follow up to their financial pressures to meet earnings and take advantage of market power over publishers [this would affect payment per click]

(4) Google changing their page ranking and/or payment per click to respond to sites that include links to other (possibly competing) PPC programs

(5) random variation -- no real trend

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomeBase said:
Wow -- thanks folks for the posts -- many of which are confirmatory. I really appreciate it. They say that misery loves company. That is not really true -- but I am relieved if the large drop in my AdSense revenue on Saturday is not due to Google penalizing a change which I have made in many of my sites last week. There are so many different variables and AdSense payment mechanisms can be relatively opaque so it is hard to tell what is causing what sometimes. Thus far, some of the possibilities are:

(1) end-of-month temporary drop due to monthly AdSense ad budgets running out [likely to bounce back in August]

(2) Google changing their page ranking system in a relatively permanent trend with respect to sites with multiple link-related content -- following up on some posts I have seen in forums [this would affect page/ad views]

(3) Google changing their payment system in a relatively permanent trend as a follow up to their financial pressures to meet earnings and take advantage of market power over publishers [this would affect payment per click]

(4) Google changing their page ranking and/or payment per click to respond to sites that include links to other (possibly competing) PPC programs

(5) random variation -- no real trend

That's informative! Where did you get that all from?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
That's informative! Where did you get that all from?

Just conjecture/hypotheses based on the above posts and other info from forums. It is a useful first step, but I think we need more data to really tell which is happening. If we knew for sure which of the possible explanations is really happening and what to do about it -- that would be *really* useful information.

Meanwhile, we have to do this in a manner which respects AdSense terms -- that is, without sharing specifics on payments per click or other specific data. That makes drawing conclusions tougher, but it is still possible to do some detective work based on overall account revenue trends compared to changes in people's particular accounts vs. changes that are happening to everyones' accounts -- that type of overall comparison they allow.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google is going to change the AdWords system within the next weeks, but
the changes will have a positive effect on the CPC, if I get it right. So the
new system should not be the reason for the drop of AdSense revenue...

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The down time on Saturday was due to a scheduled maintenance, as I understand it, that was made public last week.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well as expected, today's earnings hurt me like a kick in the nuts...

hoping tomorrow is the start of a record month for me in the Adsense program :)

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My Adsense revenue skyrocketed today $3.21 eCPM, not bad for an entertainment site I guess. Yesterday was a bit worse but no huge drop.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm, well my eCPM is still down about 60%...

however, it was like that in July, but came back up to normal levels after about the first week

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom