Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For An Actual eCommerce Website What is the Best Option for a Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachesbackwards

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate anyones opinion on this. I'm actually doing eCommerce websites now and lets call one of the product items I want to sell, hypothetically, Bears. I want to put a specific word in front of bears, lets call this word hypothetically, Many. Let's also assume for the purpose of this thread, there is no substitute word for Many. "ManyBears" has millions of hypothetical hits but unfortunately ManyBears.Com is taken.

Am I best:

1. Using the name Many-Bears.Com
2. Using the name eManyBears.Com
3. Using the name ManyBears.Net
4. Using the name ManyBears.TV

Or does this not make a difference if I'm developing an actual site not flipping a domain name? Thanks for any answers

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I couldn't say it matters much if you're developing. But go with a .com without the dash if you can. You don't want to go with the .net because it's just going to funnel traffic to the .com. eManyBears.Com may be your best choice.

Peachesbackwards

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I'm definitely never going to consider - again The more I think about it, I'll probably hold off on the product altogether and switch to another one. When I tried doing a Google Search with the "e" etc etc.com there were basically no entries. For what I'm selling even adding a third word is too much! I'm also paranoid that people won't take anything less then .COM seriously in regards to doing business with ecommerce. I personally would be very reluctant to purchase online from a place that isn't a .COM. It's a psychological thing more then anything else. Somehow .net, .org, etc., sounds less then professional.

mikedee

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The dash will favour seo whereas the non dashed version is more for type in.

I have had very good success with keyword1-keyword2 urls but I use shopbrand.com when reading out the url over the phone. shopbrand.com is not indexed in the search engines.

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the e-prefix even though many domainers will avoid it. I'd take the e before the hyphenated version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom