Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For People with Mental Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sensitive Souls

In a college class, I was required to read a book sub titled “The Mental Institution as a Last Resort. The books thesis was that many people are not crazy, but just more sensitive than most people in the society. The author suggested that many mental patients are simply too finely strung to fit into the mainstream, and an institution is a safe place – similar to an ashram or monastery where they can be who they are without having to adapt to a society that in many ways more insane than there are.

Hilda Charlton noted that souls who are particularly fine-tuned emotionally, artistically or spiritually are often unable to cope with the heaviness of the world, and so turn to various addictions to escape.

Alcoholics, drug addicts and many mental patients are highly evolved souls who cannot find comfort, acceptance, or a forum for expression in the worldly circles, so they sedate their sense of homelessness with chemicals or insanity. Indeed many great artists, musicians, thinkers, inventors and visionaries have sought to take refuge in addiction and refuge in addiction or illusion.

A Course in Miracles confirms that in is not a place of truth or godliness. But the Course asserts, we will not find refuge if we follow the promptings of fear, if you must escape, then escape into truth.
In the Hindu Culture, holy men and women are revered and cared for by the society. Saints and mystics are not tested, prodded, poked, cross-examined, rationalized, written off, and shunned as they are in the West.

In that culture, genuine visionaries are supported to do their spiritual work while people care for their worldly needs and responsibilities.
Let us honor our sensitivity and create a supportive space for talented souls to express our true self.

I pray to create a world in which the gifts of god are respected and empowered.

I express my artistic nature with courage and confidence

Author Unknown

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom