Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For sale threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There's been an influx of LLLL .com domain listings recently - should we have a subforum for "short" domains? E.g. 4 characters and less. Seems that about 30% of the listings are such offers.

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how about we just have a subforum for np'ers, who have crossed-over

:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don, you crack me up :D

There are lots of quality LLLL names listed, the problem is there are too many such threads around. Plus we could integrate them with shorter domains.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I know Don is being sarcastic about NP's but at least they have organized the forum better by segmenting the threads into tabs.

What I am proposing makes even more sense. Don't make me count and post the percentage of short domains vs regular domains listed :)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not an entirely bad idea but it would create a lot of work for the mods with all the threads that would be posted in the wrong place, duplicate thread issues, reported posts, things like that. Perhaps, but these things need to be considered.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know Don is being sarcastic about NP's but at least they have organized the forum better by segmenting the threads into tabs.

What I am proposing makes even more sense. Don't make me count and post the percentage of short domains vs regular domains listed :)

yes, I was being sarcastic, but also being real

even though they have tabs and such, it doesn't make the crap names sell any faster. :)

and please, I would appreciate if you did count and post the % of short domains vs those that get sold vs those that get closed for "no domain" in title or for bumping because no one buys within the first three bumps.

we've already created a subforum for almsot every tld, and even now we get .mobi sales in "Fixed price or Offers wanted" sections.
Some don't bother to post in .mobi section...after all the complaining.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
yes, I was being sarcastic, but also being real

even though they have tabs and such, it doesn't make the crap names sell any faster. :)

and please, I would appreciate if you did count and post the % of short domains vs those that get sold vs those that get closed for "no domain" in title or for bumping because no one buys within the first three bumps.

we've already created a subforum for almsot every tld, and even now we get .mobi sales in "Fixed price or Offers wanted" sections.

I am not sure how you'd objectively tag a domain as "crap". I simply mentioned the large amount of LLLL .com sales threads that create visual clutter. I spend plenty of time on the forum to witness that phenomenon.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Currently the first page of new threads has 12 LLLL related threads out of 30 posts. I didn't bother to go to the second page. It's clear that we need a subforum for short domains.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

i was posting .mobi in the wrong section for the last couple months.

.mobi being mixed in with the ccTLD section is not the best place for it... i couldnt find it nor did i know it even existed and i read this forum every day.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Agreed, the TLD's structure needs to be rebuilt.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mjnels and Acroplex, have you guys checked lately? The .mobi parent forums were renamed a week or two ago -

Domains for sale (ccTLD and sTLD Domain Sales) (17 Viewing)
This forum is for the sale of Country Code TLD (ccTLD) domain names and Sponsored TLD (sTLD) domain names. One new thread creation per 24 hours is permitted.
Sub-Forums: .us ccTLD , .ca ccTLD , .cn ccTLD , .jp ccTLD , .de ccTLD , .ru ccTLD , .co.uk ccTLD , .eu ccTLD , .in ccTLD , .tv ccTLD , .mobi sTLD , .pl ccTLD , Other

TLD Discussion (10 Viewing)
Discuss domain extensions in this section.
Sub-Forums: .us ccTLD , .mobi TLD , .pl ccTLD , .ca ccTLD , .cn ccTLD , .jp ccTLD , .de ccTLD , .ru ccTLD , .co.uk ccTLD , .eu ccTLD , .in ccTLD , .tv ccTLD , Other

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No, my interest in .mobi names is currently below zero :D

Any chance of having a "short domains" sub-forum to help clean up the current clutter of "Premium XKLJ and 500 other LLLL .com's" threads?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chance, yes. I just know that if we do, it will be a huge problem with moving threads where they belong, and getting people to post in the proper place.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if there is a vote....I vote no

or a better solution would be to make it so new posts to a thread "won't bump" it back to the top of the que.

like they do at wht

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's not related to "bumping"...it has to do with way TOO many LLLL .com threads. Almost 50% of the new posts are LLLL .coms.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm with Acro...

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mjnels and Acroplex, have you guys checked lately? The .mobi parent forums were renamed a week or two ago -

Domains for sale (ccTLD and sTLD Domain Sales) (17 Viewing)
This forum is for the sale of Country Code TLD (ccTLD) domain names and Sponsored TLD (sTLD) domain names. One new thread creation per 24 hours is permitted.
Sub-Forums: .us ccTLD , .ca ccTLD , .cn ccTLD , .jp ccTLD , .de ccTLD , .ru ccTLD , .co.uk ccTLD , .eu ccTLD , .in ccTLD , .tv ccTLD , .mobi sTLD , .pl ccTLD , Other

TLD Discussion (10 Viewing)
Discuss domain extensions in this section.
Sub-Forums: .us ccTLD , .mobi TLD , .pl ccTLD , .ca ccTLD , .cn ccTLD , .jp ccTLD , .de ccTLD , .ru ccTLD , .co.uk ccTLD , .eu ccTLD , .in ccTLD , .tv ccTLD , Other

yes i noticed it was renamed..

still hard for most people to find the mobi sales section imo... first they have to think to look for a seperate section and second i dont know that most people even know what a sTLD is right off hand... its still mixed in with the ccTLD's... which is fine i guess, but people will likely continue to list in the wrong section as long as its hard to see/find..

i would rather there not be a seperate section at all for mobi actually... but that is only 1 mans opinion. :)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is just a test of the emergency domain broadcast system.

http://www.dnforum.com/f529/
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Short Domains; 4 Characters or Less
This forum is for the sale of domain names consisting of 4 characters or less. One new thread creation per 24 hours is permitted. Fixed prices and offers are allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom