Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For those that maintain their own sites...

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually want to know how you do it? If you have 10 or more sites, how do you remain organized..what kind of routine do you have? How is everything set up. Right now, I am going by memory, but it will fail as I launch more sites...do you have a special place in your book marks and go one by one...do you rotate sites? Do you do it on the weekends?

I just need to find a better way to manage multiple sites.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually want to know how you do it? If you have 10 or more sites, how do you remain organized..what kind of routine do you have? How is everything set up. Right now, I am going by memory, but it will fail as I launch more sites...do you have a special place in your book marks and go one by one...do you rotate sites? Do you do it on the weekends?

I just need to find a better way to manage multiple sites.

one thought, is to make a portal and add links to each website/minisite you create.

then you'll have a perpetual list. :)

imo...

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excel spreadsheet works for me My headings are: Domain,expiration,registrar,host or parking company, current setup/performance, future plans, notes. You can hyperlink the domain names for clicking through. I also color the rows based upon status pink-dropping it, orange-needs work, yellow-needs maintenance, green-doing just fine

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excel spreadsheet works for me My headings are: Domain,expiration,registrar,host or parking company, current setup/performance, future plans, notes. You can hyperlink the domain names for clicking through. I also color the rows based upon status pink-dropping it, orange-needs work, yellow-needs maintenance, green-doing just fine

Similar here, but I also have live date, date registered, primary advertising, server location. I keep my user/passwds seperate. Also, I prefer openoffice.org's spreadsheet, but it makes no difference. I only have a few cms/forums, as I prefer not to spend my life updating security patches, versions, etc. Mostly just static html sites, and I try to have my content written so that it's not date specific if possible, so it can sit without much updating for years at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom