Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other foreclosurecalculator,com at bido

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sids70

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Foreclosurecalculator,com was on auction at bido. It sold for meager $3. A quick dnforum search shows that it was sold by one of the forum member to another member for unknown amount.

This was not a great sale at bido by any means. Usually they pick ok to decent names but this one surely was not a winner.

Sid

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've actually submitted a few lower quality domains to bido to see if they would get accepted. All got rejected....which is why when i see a name like this up for auction...it boggles my mind...this name isn't even worth $3.

If bido thinks people are going to submit high quality names...at a site that does not have that much exposure as of yet....they have lost their minds.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$3, hmm after payment processing fee, there will be nothing left to transfer to the seller

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidosucks.com is already regged lol

seriously, they sell crap on a daily basis, it sells for peanuts and people wonder why

whoever deals in 'quality control' at bido needs sacking. if its sahar then theyre really in the s*it :smilewinkgrin:

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'Foreclosure calculator' ...? WTF is that?

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to ask you something... What if you came out with a product/service and you saw a thread like this?? C'mon now.. They are trying their best to iron out what they need to iron out. I can only imagine that they are going to strive beyond many moons. I admit, the name sucked sweaty ball sacks but it's trial and error.

they will only get better, I can put my money on that. Jarred is a very diligent man, and I have nothing but respect for him. He makes a great and genuine effort to make things happen.

So the name sucked, it's called TRIAL & ERROR!!

geesh..

patty

P.S. You all act like you never have regged something that you thought was probably worth more than what it was really worth.. It happens. It happened here as well.. Stop acting holier than thou.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not saying the Bido system sucks, but I think they need more quality domains to become a serious contender in the auction business. They haave enough own good domains which they can put in, if they haven't received good domains from other domainers.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to ask you something... What if you came out with a product/service and you saw a thread like this?? C'mon now.. They are trying their best to iron out what they need to iron out. I can only imagine that they are going to strive beyond many moons. I admit, the name sucked sweaty ball sacks but it's trial and error.

they will only get better, I can put my money on that. Jarred is a very diligent man, and I have nothing but respect for him. He makes a great and genuine effort to make things happen.

So the name sucked, it's called TRIAL & ERROR!!

geesh..

patty

P.S. You all act like you never have regged something that you thought was probably worth more than what it was really worth.. It happens. It happened here as well.. Stop acting holier than thou.

They auction one name a day - they'll never get 08Jul09 back again - why waste everyones time with crap names?

I am not saying the Bido system sucks, but I think they need more quality domains to become a serious contender in the auction business. They haave enough own good domains which they can put in, if they haven't received good domains from other domainers.

Why do you think they don't put their own names in? ;)

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
jasdon11 : Exactly...when you auction one name a day...and you're looking to grow the popularity of the site. You better make sure it's a quality domain every day. If you're going to start auctioning $3 names....then this 1 domain a day needs to stop.

They need to post all these names all at once...because when i look at the coming soon names...nothing excited me and is worth waiting for...so i find myself not visiting the site.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their pricing structure + domain quality means I'll never visit their auction site again. I'm hoping SnapNames can rise up to the challenge, as I have grown to hate SEDO with a passion.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just went and looked at them for the first time in months.

I thought they guaranteed a price to the seller, making up the difference if it didn't sell for that amount, or along those lines. Did they change their business model or am I losing it? Now I see listing fees, listing fees returned, 8% commission, etc. And 3% listing fee upfront? That would scare off better domains. And is that refundable if not sold? Looks kinda confusing actually.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you set a reserve and it doesn't sell then you lose the fees. If it meets reserve you don't have to worry about the fees (i believe) and just the commission bido receives.

95% of the auctions have been NO RESERVE. So they all start at $1.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you set a reserve and it doesn't sell then you lose the fees. If it meets reserve you don't have to worry about the fees (i believe) and just the commission bido receives.

95% of the auctions have been NO RESERVE. So they all start at $1.

Which is why most are crap names I guess.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought they guaranteed a price to the seller, making up the difference if it didn't sell for that amount, or along those lines. Did they change their business model or am I losing it?
Early on they did away with the guarantee to the seller and the "House gets to bid once" rule.

They are currently changing to multiple auctions a day with a peer/experts vote to decide which names go to auction. Hopefully this will increase the quality of the names, the amount of bidders and the final sell prices.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Early on they did away with the guarantee to the seller and the "House gets to bid once" rule.

They are currently changing to multiple auctions a day with a peer/experts vote to decide which names go to auction. Hopefully this will increase the quality of the names, the amount of bidders and the final sell prices.

Thanks!

DomainDep.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are lacked of advertising to their website. Lack of exposure of upcoming domains auction. THEY'RE FAILED big time. Unlike sedo, they send emails to all members about UPCOMING PREMIUM DOMAINS auction , or at least users know/see what good domains are coming to the last seconds. They are lacked lacked of everything to attract potential domainers.

One domain a day? sending out email to users on the day of auction ? And by the time user go to their website to bid for domain, auction has already ended! TOTALLY DUMB BUSINESS MODEL!

tata668

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm happy my current .me auction at ebay is already doing better than that (even if the higher bid is still very low)! It's always a guess to start an auction at 1$ with no reserve.

I think bido needs to get more regular members before it can be a good idea to auction a domain name there. Particularly with no reserve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators