Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

foreign google ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stevey said:
when visiting the forum today i got a popup asking me to install language packs, think its to do with this: http://www.hosturimages.com/images/steve/google.jpg

:huh:
I see that google ad right now under your post also. I am not getting a popup (firefox)... maybe i installed the required language packs in the best... still strange of google to show us/me foreign ads when a person is in north america and the content is in english for example. Google needs some fine tunning :p

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I keep getting it too using IE

kodeking

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing it too! Maybe an adwords user is doing it on purpose...to gain the attention on the ad.

EDIT: it seems to go to a normal asian version of google with a search term already plugged in. There arent any ads on that page either. Odd.

mezzo

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kodeking said:
I'm seeing it too! Maybe an adwords user is doing it on purpose...to gain the attention on the ad.

EDIT: it seems to go to a normal asian version of google with a search term already plugged in. There arent any ads on that page either. Odd.

Same phenomenom when viewing these pages from germany. Very strange, but funny somehow. I checked with the Adsense preview tool, Google does not seem able to either spider these pages or to find appropriate ads to show.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same here. it keeps asking for traditional chinese language pack installation.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
I hate this error. It used to happen on webmasterforum. They are actually foreign PSA's, and not ads, so the fix is to use an alternate graphic for the PSA's. I'll see to it. :)

thanks, starting to get annoying :santa:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
I hate this error. It used to happen on webmasterforum. They are actually foreign PSA's, and not ads, so the fix is to use an alternate graphic for the PSA's. I'll see to it. :)
But why would they (Google's own ad) show up in Chinese? And not Italian or Korean? Why would they think this forum (DNForum) has a targeted audience that could read Chinese? :confused:

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't you set this in options to use English ads only?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
Why would they be in Chinese and why would G want to advertise the word Cheesecake and other such nonsense stuff?
LOL! They are not advertising for Cheesecake; those are just trivia questions asking e.g. how long has Rip Van Winkle slept or how did Cleopatra die, or who invented cheesecake? ;)

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FYI - still not fixed. Still getting popup asking me to install language packs, and I see the google ad displaying junk symbols. REALLY annoying, as the popup appears frequently.

-Joe

I

impactadmin

Hi,

We are in the process of fixing this. We are inserting the 'alternate google ad code' to display an image instead of the foreign ads.

Huseyin,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom