Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Forming an LLC? Best state for domainers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've decided to operate under a business identity and am looking to set it up this week. What state would you say benefits a domainer best? Any advice would be great!

James

Gregcyber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do it in your own State, LLC's are easy to form and hardy no paper work, use a PO Box or your home address. LLC can be a sole proprietorship or you can get a Tax ID Number. LLC's are the best way to go for protection from someone filing a law suit on your personal property. If you do not have a risky business and low profits then just use you own name (doing business as) and SS Number. Some Banks require a Tax ID number from the Feds, Shop around for a Bank that does not require a Fed ID # if your going to be a sole proprietorship.
Out of state requires a presents of some kind and a address in state, that there is a hassle and to top it off you also have to pay Taxes in that state. Out of State is expensive.

If your doing a high profit Incorporation then go out of State like Delaware.

I could be wrong on everything I say but you need to do your own research because you may be misled by dummies.

search www.nolo.com for legal books and find at you local Library.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom