Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Forum help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are about to launch a forum, something like DNForum (not domain related thou), and we are expecting about 5000 members within a couple of months….I am responsible for the marketing aspect of the site while my partners are the ones in charge of the technical side of it…However, I want to ask you guys several questions regarding hosting, so I won’t look so dumb in the next meeting :-D (I admit I am techn(olog)ically :goofy: challenged when its comes to programming and stuff like that) :disappoin

1) Do we need a dedicated server to run a forum? (We are using vBulletin 3)
2) How much space and transfer we need to run a forum like this one?
3) If we are going to provide email services (POP and web mail) (like [email protected]) with our premier membership, which email program you recommend? Also what kind of hosting we need for that? (lets say we need to set up email accounts for 500- 1000 members)

Please let me know if you know any reliable hosting companies with good plans that would satisfy our needs. I really appreciate your help on this one.

pavsta

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
happy to help:

1) no just usually hosting should do
2) It should say how much space the forum takes up on the vbullietn site probbably you will need about 250 MB in total and a few GB's of transfer!
3) hivemail.com and i have one i never use I could sell you the rights for it? It usualy costs $130 but we could arrange a deal? And you only need about 100 MB of space for it!
4) infrenion.com it aint the cheapest hosting but its very relaiable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom