Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Forum Monetization

Status
Not open for further replies.

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a fairly large forum displaying adsense ads. It's not making nearly as much as sites with a similar ammount of traffic, which seems to be common with forums. Based on your experience, what do you think the best way to monetize a forum is? It's a webmaster related forum.

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

ChrisJP

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well you could offer the advertising space for "sponsors" to buy. But I suppose this method only works if you have a large volume of traffic.

LeeD

Soli Deo Gloria
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be happy to offer some suggestions on other forms of advertising as well as improving your adsense income. PM me with your URL as this is what I am good at...:)

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can try to spend time to find and approach webhost, webhost directory site own. then offer them space with long term deal. have various spot in the forum for advertise without ad rotation, such as a small ad button near the search box, small ad button beside the new thread button. it should be better than ad network.

LeeD

Soli Deo Gloria
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No reason to go with only one option. I say CPM, CPA, and CPC. I would also look for private advertisers and sell links.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made over $2000 last year on one forum without ANY ads or doing anything illegal. Consider a points system. :) Also premium paid membership. I hope to make about $5k this year on the one site via these tools. I also have adsense and now chitika on the site bringin in even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom