Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"fost" Arabic word? meaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This domain was getting almost no hits in 2003 but is now getting around 4000 raw landings a month and earning around $35 a month.

Gets 156 on overture with extension.

From the enquiries I have had, it seems to be Arabic speakers that are visiting.

Does anyone have any explanations for this? I'm very curious.

Maybe with appropriate keywords I could get even more, although I think that the current rate is pretty good.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
This domain was getting almost no hits in 2003 but is now getting around 4000 raw landings a month and earning around $35 a month.

From the enquiries I have had, it seems to be Arabic speakers that are visiting.

Maybe with appropriate keywords I could get even more, although I think that the current rate is pretty good.
----------------------------------------

go here for more information; could explain the high interest.

http://ds.datastarweb.com/ds/products/datastar/sheets/fost.htm

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:

Hi there dotnetking .... "fost" in arabic means to "win" or "won". But, I always thought it was spelled like "fozt", it does has a "z" tone to it.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mark. Thanks for your suggestion. I think this probably wouldn't be high profile enough to create so many visits, and it wouldn't explain what seems to be a high proportion of hits from Arabic speakers.

DomainDealer. I think something along those lines could explain the hits. "fozt" doesn't get any score at overture though, so if the word they are looking for is "win", it is probably a slightly different spelling still.

I'm guessing that there must be a .net site that is similarly spelt, because the .com at overture only scores 31 (a fifth of the .net)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom