Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Found GoDaddy Auction Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Designer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So a few days ago i noticed a GoDaddy Auction bug/loophole that allows you to see the Max bid your opponent made so you can skip all the auto bidding and just outbid them. Now this loophole is only beneficial to hardcore bidders and it comes in handy during one of those auctions your fighting with someone for a domain but you keep seeing auto bids.

Though this might be beneficial to us domainers against other domainers but its poison to GoDaddy auction system. Their proxy auction system is based off competition and the MAX bid is the backbone to their system. I told them vaguely about the bug while asking if it was something new to help bidders or should i even be able to see it at all. They clearly stated that no one should be able to see Max bids so now they said they cannot duplicate the issue and i should tell them exactly how i came across it.

If i dont tell them, can they do anything to my account in spite legally?

If you guys were in my shoes, would you give up the secret in full?

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The question is not IF they can do something, but would they. I would tell them exactly how you did it to help them. They will certainly want to know how you did it, and probably be grateful to you for pointing it out.

Of course, if you have already used this "bug" for monetary gain, then your own ethics could be called into question. If.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If i dont tell them, can they do anything to my account in spite legally?

1. You only have one Godaddy account???
2. When you call in you do not have to give them your customer number and pin to ask a question.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The real question is, is that a bug or a feature ? :D

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My question is - what's the advantage? OK, so you can see their currentmaximum bid (who puts their real maximum up front?). If you put in your real bids then you'll get the same answer. I don't think they'll charge you your maximum bid if there is a difference between the #2 bidder and the #1 bidder?

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My question is - what's the advantage? OK, so you can see their currentmaximum bid (who puts their real maximum up front?). If you put in your real bids then you'll get the same answer. I don't think they'll charge you your maximum bid if there is a difference between the #2 bidder and the #1 bidder?

On higher price auctions you can bid $301 on a auction with a present max bid of $300 by knowing its just $300 therefore saving yourself $14 when if you had slowly kept bidding up you most likely would to have bid a minimum of $315 per bidding rules (just an example, don't know there exact system all that well).

In the long run you can save a lot of money this way, but the seller and godaddy lose and I don't think that's fair. Share with them how you were able to see the max bid. It's only right.

GDunit

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know of the bug you are talking about. I found it a few months ago but have never exploited it myself. I have used it to research bid strategies however so just let it be and enjoy the benefits a little bit.

Molotov

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL why did u tell them dude.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Do the right thing.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

For example...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Halvarez is coming back - at Godaddy :eek:k:

Glamorama

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im trying to understand what is the bug!?

Ben42

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should have wrote an eBook on GoDaddy auction tips and charged $19.99 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom