Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Free Enom reseller account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've just found some users' links (here at DNforum) when I can create for free Enom reseller account. I know such an account costs some $ (cheapest over 100 $). Some people are selling such accounts (sub-accounts I suppose) a little cheaper then I can buy at Enom. Do you think such offers of free reseller account are reliable ones, is such an account fully functional (i.e. working in Enom Drop Club as well?), are there any other issues I must know or be aware?
Thanks in advance for your tips and advices, hookah

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not really advisable unless they are very reputable.. as the seller has access to your account they can purchase domains or products using your credit card details.. they can transfer your domains.. they can pretty much do everything you can with your account... best bet it to buy direct or go with one of the big resellers like namecheap or registerfly

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes....you can get a free enom resller account, and have access to club drop.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Not really advisable unless they are very reputable.. as the seller has access to your account they can purchase domains or products using your credit card details.. the can transfer your domains.. they can pretty much do everything you can with your account... best bet it to buy direct or go with one of the big resellers like namecheap or registerfly

Thanks a lot. Just confirmed my doubts :(
hookah

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hookah said:
Thanks a lot. Just confirmed my doubts :(
hookah

Hi

That info is not totally true.

A parent account cannot access your cc info, not can they register names through your account. nor can they transfer your domains from your account.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
Hi

A parent account cannot access your cc info, not can they register names through your account. nor can they transfer your domains from your account.

Well, if we're talking about facts - somebody must be wrong then :)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
Hi

Actually they can.. I have over 40 accounts under mine and I on many occasions order domains on my clients behalf by logging in to there accounts from the sub accounts tab.. and yes you can transfer domains out, this I have done also.

Another point is that the seller can also change the prices of your products at any Time... my Advice to you would be not buy these accounts from places Like Ebay or anywhere else for that matter.. truly you are best paying the money and buying direct from ENOM.. I myself was a victim of price jacking on a reseller account I bought.. I contacted enom about it and they told me that its agains the TOS to buy such accounts anyway.. so they were not very sympathetic.

andyat11

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I clerified by creating a temp account in my reseller that its impossible to do any damage in your sub accounts account. I tried changing the name and everything after using the login tab but could not do any harm what so ever. So this myth is busted LOL
Andy
GO MYTH BUSTERS LOL

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
andyat11 said:
I clerified by creating a temp account in my reseller that its impossible to do any damage in your sub accounts account. I tried changing the name and everything after using the login tab but could not do any harm what so ever. So this myth is busted LOL
Andy
GO MYTH BUSTERS LOL

Thanks for further important info. I am just making up my mind in that matter so any advice can be helpful :)
Cheers, hookah

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course you can manage your customers' domains, you are supposed to be the support contact. Namestrands is correct (for Retail accounts). You can't do all those things to a sub-reseller's domains, they are not your "customer" per se.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
Of course you can manage your customers' domains, you are supposed to be the support contact. Namestrands is correct (for Retail accounts). You can't do all those things to a sub-reseller's domains, they are not your "customer" per se.

However, the topic was concerning a "Free Enom reseller account?"

Therefore, it was incorrect to state, that such accounts could be managed by the parent!

Yum

Editor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can get a account with a reseller account $8.95.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
However, the topic was concerning a "Free Enom reseller account?"

Therefore, it was incorrect to state, that such accounts could be managed by the parent!
They can change your pricing for domains and add-ons at any time.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So the question for me is: why resellers who bought their accounts from Enom for heavy money set up accounts for other people (even sub-accounts) for free??

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hookah said:
So the question for me is: why resellers who bought their accounts from Enom for heavy money set up accounts for other people (even sub-accounts) for free??

As GiantDomains said previously, they can set prices for "sub accounts"

so if you buy an Enom Reseller account from Enom directly for "6.95" pricing, it will cost $7K!
This is an ETP account, and only Enom can change anything in your account.

If you buy a Reseller account or get one free from another "Enom Reseller account holder", then "they" will be able to set your pricing for domains/renewals/transfers/hosting and any other service, that is provided by Enom.com

thus those who hold reseller accounts with $6.95 pricing, generally give free "sub accounts", and set the pricing of those accounts at $8.95.

the difference is "commission" for the parent of the sub-account.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:

so if you buy an Enom Reseller account from Enom directly for "6.95" pricing, it will cost $7K!
To avoid confusion, this is to fund the account.... 1000 domains for $6950.00. This is the way most people go that have a lot of domains.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:

If you buy a Reseller account or get one free from another "Enom Reseller account holder", then "they" will be able to set your pricing for domains/renewals/transfers/hosting and any other service, that is provided by Enom.com

thus those who hold reseller accounts with $6.95 pricing, generally give free "sub accounts", and set the pricing of those accounts at $8.95.

the difference is "commission" for the parent of the sub-account.

It clears up much. Thanks everybody for good info.
Cheers, hookah

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..::thread moved to correct forum ::..
was in club drop.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hookah said:

As subreseller, your basic cost to register .com .net .org .biz .info and .us will cost you $8.95/year. Your parent reseller will get commission of $2 for every registration you make. Easy money for your parent reseller who bought the $6950 for his/her account.

If you are new in domain business, it is ok to start as subreseller. If you get enough knowledge with this business, then buy the $6.95 account from Enom. I guess you get my point.

I will also assume that you will ask for $8.95 subreseller account. As Enom Technology Partner who holds $6.95 account, they are only allowed to create subreseller starting $8.95 price not lower. This policy was implemented by Enom on Oct/Nov 2003 (if I remember correct).

As mention above, your parent reseller have no access to your credit card information.

I hope this is enough information to answer your question.

Best regards and good luck to your business.
Em

Operations Manager, NeedName.com
www.needname.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom