Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Free Platinum Invite "disappeared"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have had 1 free platinum invite (It always showed up with a check box under the 'refer friend' link).

I needed it on the weekend and when I checked it, I found that it had just disappeared!!!

I don't understand it :(

Can someone please help me understand what happened and why its not showing up any more?

I really needed it to gift it to a friend.

Thanks.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you need to get in touch with a mod to check it out! ask dcg or another mod :)

Pleski

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I emailed support and it turns out all invites are now expired.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pleski said:
I had the same problem. I emailed support and it turns out all invites are now expired.

I don't like that at all.

I upgrated to Platinum because I need to gift a friend platinum memebership and I was also thinking about becoming an EXCLUSIVE soon.

But I guess I have to re-think becoming exclusive as my plans were also to share the exclusive with another friend.

I hope DCG reconsider it and make those free invite that we had available again.

Thanks.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rickkumar said:
I upgrated to Platinum because I need to gift a friend platinum memebership and I was also thinking about becoming an EXCLUSIVE soon.
But I guess I have to re-think becoming exclusive as my plans were also to share the exclusive with another friend.
Once you would give your Platinum invite to a friend (provided that you will get it back right now), you will not have any invite left. So upgrading to Exclusive would not get you an Exclusive invite then that you could give to another friend. (Unless the forum reloads them one day for each of us, of course.)

I hope your current invite-problem gets solved. Best of luck!

Rob

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No reply to my email from support yet.

Any comments from DNF or DCG please?

Thanks.

======================================

Well I got response from DNF that free platinum invites expired a month ago.

First, I am more than sure that they did not expire a month ago as I had a free invite a few days ago.

2nd, its totally rediculous that first you give us a free invite then without us knowing or without a warning you take it away. What is this....a joke?

I advise either you give them or you not or may be display a "remaining days to use" note under the free invite check box so that we know when you are going to pull the trigger.

DCG, can you please assure members on this issue how will it be handled?

Thanks.

Pleski

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rickhummar,

I have a similar opinion. I was also going to give my invite to a friend, in return for him helping me out with some stuff. Before I could send it, invites were expired and I ended up just paying him the $55 to buy it at regular price.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think that they've ever expired before.

urbanvilla

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
All i can say is this,its like any other site on the net its good to start with lots of freebies and offers then bang they charge you for everything typical example ebay,as soon as dnforum have cornered the market you havnt seen nothing yet expect lifetime memberships to turn into yearly subscription the guy who owns this this site bought it for one reason to make cash ! the originators were true DNfers.

Its a joke i was never told i ever had one when i joined !!!!!!!!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They will be reloaded soon, watch for the announcement!

-=DCG=-

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should be happy they reload the invites. Most would just give you one and after that they are gone. Now with a Gold, Platinum or even Exclusive they get reloaded and you can sell more than your original 1. Sure the admin may be making money. I am sure he wouldn't be here to lose money, but at the same time you are also making money by receiving multiple free invites you can sell.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if someday they decide to allow existing members to purchase invites, so platinum members could purchase exclusive membership for a little less.

Knowing that some people were able to purchase their exclusive invites for less than what I paid for my platinum membership means that I'll wait (maybe forever) for this to happen before I pay full/half price for an upgrade.

I bet DCG would rake in some big bucks $$$ if he decided to this. Heck, he could just have a special promotion for members, screw the whole invite system... that way all profits could go straight to the server.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
It would be nice if someday they decide to allow existing members to purchase invites, so platinum members could purchase exclusive membership for a little less.

Knowing that some people were able to purchase their exclusive invites for less than what I paid for my platinum membership means that I'll wait (maybe forever) for this to happen before I pay full/half price for an upgrade.

I bet DCG would rake in some big bucks $$$ if he decided to this. Heck, he could just have a special promotion for members, screw the whole invite system... that way all profits could go straight to the server.

I agree. That some people have been able to come straight in at Exclusive for the same price we paid the site for Platinum doesnt seem fair.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would have been nice for some notice at least. My friends been asking for one so I could of sold it to him before it expired. Oh well.

nomis135

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd like to be kept informed on this aswell.
One of my friends needs an invitation.

I'd also like to know how i would proceed.

Thanks,
Simon

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We will be launching some promotions this week.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom