Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Freshly registered names not necessarily virgins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's stupid of me, but I've only just realised that when you register a name it's not necessarily one that has never been registered before. I registered one a few days ago and have since discovered through Google that it has been around the block a few times. It's actually a misspelling of another word, but in its misspelled form it's perfect for a purpose I have in mind. I had an idea that dropped names that weren't picked up again were languishing in some kind of limbo, rather than returned to the pack. Interrrresting!

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you can get lucky with this. I once hand registered a name that dropped a few months earlier and it took me a while to figure out why it was getting traffic (I had it parked). Too bad traffic trickled down to nothing so I let it drop.

It's also interesting to see names that you dropped appear on your keyword drop lists. :)

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Ehsan. I will now go down through my tiny portfolio checking all my names. :)

:lol: I think you just found your new hobby :eek:k: , i used to do it first but now cant care much less if i like it , but i do check some before hand registering

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is a 'keyword drop list,' Draggar?

I'm subscribed to some drop services, like pool.com and they send me daily emails of domains that match keywords that I have saved with them.

So, if you have "computer" as a keyword, they'll send you a list of all the domains with the word computer in them that are dropping soon (in hopes you'd backorder them).

I wasn't sure of a better way to word it.

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something to look out for here, is that some names may receive traffic that is not appropriate for parking companies. If a domain has been ab(used) before, dropped and then you hand reg it later for a legit business, then you might run into trouble when you park it.

DotSauce

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would venture to say that the majority of available domains (which aren't obscure) have been registered or "tasted" in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom