Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

From Dead Heads to Domain Honchos: New Cover Story at DNJournal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The September Cover Story is out at DNJournal.com and I know I always say this, but I really believe you do not want to miss it! We take you inside the ultra high end of the domain market through the story of the Internet Real Estate Group, LLC (name recently changed from Deal Jam, LLC). They have done many of the biggest deals in industry history and for the first time they revealed to us the multi-million dollar prices paid for such gems as Beer.com, Diamond.com, Shop.com and Telephone.com.

They were also the sellers of CreditCards.com last year (the highest publicly reported sale of 2004 at $2.75 million). Find out how the Grateful Dead helped launch their business empire and why the three partners are the domain industry's most important ambassadors to corporate America. Read all about it through the link below:

Dead Heads to Domain Honchos: How the Internet Real Estate Group Became the Industry's Biggest Hitmakers

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
It's always great to know the people behind the major domain holding companies.
And, to hear "the rest of the story".

When are you going to sit for an interview Richard (and our lunch in Baltimore last week doesn't count)?

...and $7 million for Beer.com. Aren't you glad I ordered iced tea instead of a Bud? :)

M

mole

“We have been successful due to hard work, tremendous investment backers, and by surrounding ourselves with dedicated, smart believers."

Freudian slip, perhaps?

hmm, the good ol' DOTCOM spin and bullshit is back...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I thought the title referred to a notorious "dead" who has re-emerged in another forum under an alias :-D

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good story as usual Duke

Might I add that it is heart warming to read how even in the face of adversity, like growing up in a hoity-toity place like Wellesley and having to attend Ivy league schools like Harvard and Yale, or maintianing the prescence of mind required to hob-knob with celebrities and the ultra-wealthy, or having to work at jobs where they are forced to converse with corporate A list clients or investors, that these guys still had as they say "the balls to walk away from their early financial success to make it happen".

Good to see that some businessmen (no matter how tough they had it) can still make a go out of working with multi-million $dollar prime generic coms in this uncertain Internet climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom