Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Frusterated.......Google Adwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPinelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I have a credit card website setup with coolblue, and I'm really struggling getting Adwords to work. I used a lot of keywords on overture, coolblue's list, and some keywords of my own. Right now I don't have a huge budget, $100-$150 a month, so my daily budget is between $3.50 and $5 a day.

I'm just really confused what to set my CPC at and what keywords to use. Right now I have about 54 keywords that I thought covered a broad spectrum of searches and only 5-6 of them are getting impressions, but like before with 0 clicks.

I want to max out my daily budget for as many clicks as I can get for relative searches. Are there any good reads that anyone knows about that can help me? Does anyone here have advice or was in the same spot and can point me in the right direction? Do people offer adwords optimization service? Should I switch to overture?

Thanks Guys.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with this, so all I can add is to keep researching terms that may not be as widely known as others - they will still get searches and you should be able to pay much less per click and still get some solid traffic.

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are likely using highly competitive keywords and your cost per click is too low to get you many impressions. The higher paying advertisers will get all the impressions, and the lower paying advertisers may get a few impressions somewhere at the bottom of the ad.

Try some new keywords or paying higher per click.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Budgets under $10/day at Overture are extremely unstable and sometimes a waste of time. You will often have days where you are spending $0.50 instead of your requested $10.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adwords now have a budgeter system that searches out the most clicks they can get you for your budget with the purpose of you spending your budget every day.

The point of this is to make sure you are spending your budget everday & hence getting the clicks you want; however.... these clicks may come at more than you are willing to pay per click.

Just something to consider. :)

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You paying too low for your CPC. This is what is happening.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you definately need to find some more obscure search terms that work, they are obtainable if you keep working at it, you won't make any money paying high $ clicks , yes I have had this same problem before, I kept my bid to the minimum and kept adding all kinds of terms until some worked., keep at it and it will pay off.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi you want to make sure your ad is in the first 6 sponsored listings.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
M, your in a very competative keyword field on adwords, take a few dollars of your budget and try bidvertiser.com.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try to set your campaign to content network, and then use 728*90 banner size
Most of the time, publisher like to use text_image for this ads format

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom