Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Frustrated questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that I have to even ask these questions, but the fact that I have to ask should tell you the state of our new TBR system.

I have been receiving emails from a couple of different TBR RegistRARs saying that I had to create new IDs for the domain(s) that I have won. If I don't do it by a certain date I will be charged fees. I follow their link and create one ID at each RegistRAR.

I don't have a clue as to what is going on or why I have to do this?

It appears that I am creating a new ID, ID for what? One domain name, all domain names with that RegistRAR, all my domain names. If all domains have one Registrant ID, why have a Registrant ID the name should serve as it's own ID. At least make this ID transparent, it's useless to the end user.

After I have created the ID, I don't see a place to link it to the domain name(s) at any of the RegistRARs. Do they create this link?

I get emails telling me that this is all being done manually but will be automated in the future. Does that mean I won't have to create IDs in the future, or does that mean that they won't take so long telling me to create an ID?

One RegistRAR has all my renewal dates messed up, I have to do a whois on all of them to make sure that the dates are correct and they don't accidentally go back into the drop because of someone's typo.

Why do I have to ask so many questions to understand what is going on? (That's the part that is pissing me off :sigh2:.)

To me, this whole change has been handled horribly. I am not against change but it must be done correctly. It seems like no one was prepared or ready.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namespro had my domain done in minutes on Wednesday - no need for a new ID. Bit more of a problem with Burmac but that's been worked out. I see MyID also has that new ID thing - I just presumed they would do as always - attach TBR domains to an existing registrant profile...

From top to bottom and everything in between, has been a disaster with the new system.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Oops forgot to add - MyID said in an email that their auctions would be starting but it appears they are still not - anyone else confirm this?

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Registrars now control their contacts, one of the big disadvantages I saw to the system when it came out is every customer of Ready.ca had a different registrant for each domain, during a brief window where CIRA wasn't adding a block to change registrant on registrant transfers, I was able to merge all the contacts into 1 contact to maintain, in some cases 2 if 1 was a business contact.

The problem is that these registrars are built from the ground up on the old XML-RPC api and it will take time and development costs for them to move over to the new system, some will completely rewrite to make the process a lot smoother but others will patch their existing system so it "works", but not completely.

We were lucky that we had a relatively small footprint to work on during the migration, I can only imagine the headaches the registrars with 10k's 100k's domains went/are going through.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So now I have to contact customer support at several RegistRARs because every one of them is different and I don't see a nice clean consistent flow to setting up an ID AND knowing that it is okay.

I THOUGHT I had set it up at all of them, but I just got a reply email saying that some names are still waiting for the ID to be set up and can't be "stuffed", I assume that means "pushed", but how would I know their terminology except to assume.

When I hear people saying they think they have figured things out through trial and error it tells me that this whole thing needs to be fixed for the customers, us.

I don't believe this is the RegistRARs fault in any way, since I am dealing with several that are very confusing. I think they are scrambling to deal with what they have been given.

I pay over $20,000/year in reg fees and this is what I get...

:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

I am actually very easy going and understanding, but when I pay out hard earned money for crap that wastes my time, it's hard not to say something.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree Cira has been clear as mud on everything... very unprofessional.

No communication at all.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Currently each registrar is associated a "TBR Registrant" every domain they get at drop goes into this TBR account, they then have 14 days from the time of the drop to move it out of that TBR account into a registrant ID, it also cannot be transfered out of that registrar at that time.

Here is where people are running into problems some registrars have 20-40 registrar accounts for TBR use, but they can only do a push not a registrar transfer. This means that you could end up making 20-40 different registrant contacts for use at these registrars and thats only if you keep the domains there, should you move the domains out after taking possesion CIRA automatically deletes empty Contacts after x period of days.

So theoretically you will be creating endless contacts at these certain registrars. If you have any questions regarding this new system feel free to give me a shout, I'll try to help as much as possible :D

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom