Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Funny auto-keyword error

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just added SecondBasemen.com to my Parked portfolio. You know how the system splits up domain names into what it thinks are the keywords? Well, instead of "second basemen", it came up with "second ba semen", and all the ads were for semen-related services.

Might wanna tweak that software!

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ha!

I added RabbitRipper.com (rabbit ripper is the nickname of a serial killer of rabbits in Germany) and Parked parsed this as "Rabbi Tripper" :D Time for a bar mitzvah!

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It happens sometimes, I've made sure in this case it won't happen again. :)

There are thousands of other examples that you find over time. You just have to continously always try and improve the system.

Donny

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Latest example:
fencesale (.com)
I read it as "fence sale", but Parked's software made it "fences ale" :)

(A good rule would be that if a domain ends with "sale", that's probably where it should be split.)

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Randomo - If you find that we split something wrong, then you can fix it yourself and our system will learn from you making the change. Aren't you glad you don't own carpartsexpress.com and Google would flag you as being an adult site.

Donny

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Randomo - If you find that we split something wrong, then you can fix it yourself and our system will learn from you making the change. Aren't you glad you don't own carpartsexpress.com and Google would flag you as being an adult site.

Donny
I do fix them myself, and I'm glad the system learns. I'm just curious how "universal" its learning is - does it only learn how to split that exact phrase (and maybe very similar ones), or will it eventually learn something like "domains ending in 'sale' should be split before that s"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom