Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Funny contacts from my webpages

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From time to time i get funny emails from my contact form on my minisites.

Here is one I just received from a page I have on a 'freeganism' domain. the page has info on a freeganism lifestyle, not that I am for or against people who live that way. Freegans are people who make use of garbage, including eating food from it, to lessen the burden on waste:

---

Name: Dueker

Email address: [email protected]

Subject: freeganism

Message: I beg you to stop eating other peoples garbage. I throw food away because it is garbage not fit for human comsumtion. If you get seriously ill someday because you ate someone elses garbage then maybe you'll get why the food was thrown away in the first place. I agree 100% with recycling anything else but food. Sure pick through peoples garbage for reusabel items, go for it!!! Watch you don't cut yourself on sharp objects.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Turns out a tv station in Saskatchewan did a segment on freeganism, and my site ranks pretty good on Google, and getting more traffic because of it.

here is another message I received from someone visiting the page:

Name: -------- ---------

Subject: Hi

Message: Hi there. I just saw this freeganism on tv and was blown away. I have a band called ----------, and we are releasing our new album in September called, "A Letter For A Future Son/Daughter On Their Eighteenth Birthday (Which They Must Read Whether I Am Alive And Well, Or Killed During The Revolution" I think that we would be interested in posting some material on our website ---------.com (the site is under construction, and the least of my worries at this point). Anyways, if you want to check us out, you can at www.reverbnation.com/-------
Hope to hear back from you.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contact from yesterday, not necessarily funny but a long winded request for a link exchange. from one of my family vacations themed pages.

-----------------

Name: Alden

Subject: Link Exchange Request

Message: Hi Webmaster, I am currently building links on Travel / Hotels / Car Rentals/Education themes for my client's websites and I have discovered that you are on the same theme.You must be aware of the significance of SEO in driving more traffic to your website from major Search Engines. So I here by propose you a 3 way Link Exchange Trade with your website. , we are looking for some good quality sites to exchange links with our website. I recently came across your site through google search and found it beneficial and informative for our site's visitors. For our mutual benefit, I would like to Exchange Link with your website, in return I will post your link at same value page without any delay. If you find the whole concept interesting, then i request you to send your site details to be added ASAP. If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] . Expecting an earlier Reply! Kind Regards, Alden [email protected] ===== NOTE: Please don't take this email as SPAM. If you are NOT INTERESTED OR DON'T WANT TO TAKE PART in this Link Exchange then simply reply \"NO\", and we will never contact you again. =====

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Latest comment from a construction company owner about an LLLL.com that is an acronym for their business. The domain has three premium letters and a 'J' in it. I asked them to make an offer, and they offered $200. I countered with $500 and haven't heard back in over a week - lol. I thought I was being reasonable.

Comment: We could use this domain to simplify our e-mail addresses. We don't need it, but it would be nice. If it is for sale, we will work with you to buy it at a reasonable price. We can not pay $1000, we listed it to get past the filter. Don't let our fancy website fool you; we are a small, family owned business struggling to make it in a down economy. Anything you can do to help us would be appreciated. Thanks

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily funny, but I'm getting more enquiries lately from people who just want to advertise on my pages. One from a 'work at home' type business, another from a ski town hotel.

Also getting emails to a .com domain I own that is intended for the .ca. I've forwarded them on to the .ca owners letting them know their business emails are coming to me. Good example of people defaulting to the .com without thinking, wonder if they'll realize they should own the .com of their domain?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From my 9/15 post, the company whose clients were sending emails to my .com domain (instead of their .ca domain of the same keywords) made an offer of $1500 to buy my .com. I countered with $2500 and they accepted. Maybe could have got more, but they are a small app company, and part of the payment will be made by January. If I had seen Adam's offer to handle negotiations for domain sellers I might have taken advantage of it, but am still happy with the sale.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale. Well done. Even if you could have gotten more, $2.5k is nothing to sneeze at and you can easily reinvest in better domains.

Skinny

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the domain from the above post was netfunctional (.)com - they decided to pay it off early which was fine for me. Still have to complete the transfer, but payment all received.

Things have been picking up lately, the construction company from post #4 has now gotten back to me after 4 months of nothing. Still trying to get the money together but I said the price is now $1000 for the domain. haven't heard back yet. you can't get quoted a price and always expect it to be the same months later.

Had a recent enquiry for a .ca that DCG is handling, and a phone call about a one word generic french .co of all things. It's sure picking up at the end of 2011.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
two more email enquiries yesterday, one for a 'city real estate .ca'. Not a huge town but a good summer vacation destination near Lake Ontario, with six figure homes and rural properties. I asked for $1000 and the response was "Whoa that's wayyyy too much money. Thanks anyway for your prompt response." I've heard others say it but I'm starting to agree that most real estate agents are cheap. This person has been a real estate broker for 10 years and the domain matches their prime city + real estate. I wonder what price she was thinking to pay?

The other enquiry was for a french .com IDN domain. It went like this

"Hello, I'm the canadian trademark owner of xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com and would be interested in the domain xxxxxxxxxxx.com"

My domain has a correct accent on a letter, and is a singular word to their plural. I registered the domain before they even filed a trademark, and the term is a well used phrase in sales - similar to the 'Cheap Tickets' case. Similar sites selling the same thing use the same term as their website address, so to me it is generic. I am not sure if they're going to push the trademark thing or want to buy the domain, so waiting to hear back. I just replied with "What do you suggest?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom