Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Funny Sales Thread closed -- Dang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fun Read!

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=80266&page=1&pp=15

I'm as serious as the next guy in this business. Catching, buying, selling, developing boring boring boring boring.

Then we have someone who tries to liven up his sales thread with a very complex method involving "Free Spins" etc. The effect was obviously more confusing to people than anything else and no matter, they still plugged in their post for a free spin. :cheeky:

This thing cracked me up. The Seller even amended the rules along the way, and I took that as a cue to submit a second "Free Spin". Man I needed that laugh, and hope the Seller wasn't ticked off with me goofing in his thread.

That laugh (each time I re-read the rules) was worth quite a bit, and certainly worth the bumps in the thread to share it with more of the members. The space used for it in the forum was worth more than that provided most of the names being sold on here today.

A shame it was shut down. Who is the idgit that complained to the mods?

Sheesh!

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't even notice the thread until you posted it here. After reading 5 lines of those ridiculous "instructions" I just closed the window.

Aren't we professional businessmen looking for domains? If I wanted to go play a dumb game I would go to some teen site. I agree 100% with the mod's comments.

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO - This forum has become home to less serious members since the giving away of free memberships.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HHH said:
IMO - This forum has become home to less serious members since the giving away of free memberships.

Good point Triple H.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
Aren't we professional businessmen looking for domains? If I wanted to go play a dumb game I would go to some teen site. I agree 100% with the mod's comments.

The day I lose my sense of humor, or the appreciation of others, and consider myself in the "professional businessmen" category, someone please shoot me in the head and put me out of my misery.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:dead: :-O

Stocdoctor said:
The day I lose my sense of humor, or the appreciation of others, and consider myself in the "professional businessmen" category, someone please shoot me in the head and put me out of my misery.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, that was a funny thread. Very innovating, with a creative ruleset etc.

Unfortunately, it belonged to a separate forum which is not yet active: "Wasting time online while pretending to be in the domain business".

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too Much

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
definately inovative. He must have a lot of time on his hands.
With such creativity and time, why not make some attempts at really selling the names instead of game playing?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Radistar and Fryman. Stoc has a point, but I think goofy threads reflect on us all. Especially in the sales forum. Create a website and post asking for feedback maybe, post an ad promoting your website, definitely, but to post in the forum and subject people to numerous BUMPs to a thread that doesn't seem to be going ANYWHERE anytime soon... that's crazy. Even if we THINK we don't have anything better to do... we really do. :) If the thread made sense and was producing results, I'm all for it. I think the experiment failed. Maybe the next version will be better. If anyone wanted those names, I don't think they should have to jump hoops to pay for them.

~ Nexus

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That thread was so complicated I don't think the seller even understood the rules of the "game"

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I just looked at how long the rules were and said "screw it".

-Bob

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bob said:
I just looked at how long the rules were and said "screw it".

-Bob

That's why I don't play poker :-D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
That's why I don't play poker :-D
Then you should try Mahjong! ;)

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:

I'm with you there... I do my job professionally... I live my life with a sense of humor. If a forum of my peers isn't a good place for fun on occasion then it really isn't living up to my expectations.

Vivvy

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you mean that hump that keeps moving from one side of my back to the other?

Vivvy

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no!! you can't miss a classic rhps reference! it's too funny...

now that would be a fun thread to start... classic movie lines.. here's a good one "help, help! I'm being repressed" ... (any guesses on that one?)

Vivvy

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monty Python and the Holy Grail ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom