Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Gain Traffic and Link Popularity by using Digg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While Digg.com may not be quite as heavily visited as sites like Myspace and Facebook, it provides an opportunity for any webmaster to generate free traffic and links to his or her website. First off, let me state that it is very possible to get thousands of hits in just one or two days using Digg. However, do not expect this rush of visitors to be overly profitable – at least not initially.

Digg users are almost all technically savvy, meaning they most likely will not click on your ads or purchase your products. That being said, if your website offers a truly unique or useful service, users from Digg (or anywhere else) will bookmark your site and return often. Recognize that the initial traffic generated through Digg.com will most often bring more costs (hosting & bandwidth) than it will revenue. Nevertheless, Digg.com can be a huge help to your marketing strategy.

Let's start with the basics: Digg is free for anyone to use. You can submit as many pages from as many sites as you wish. Don't get too greedy though, as Digg does ban accounts which only submit pages from one or two sites. Your best strategy is to submit pages from your sites, PLUS other interesting pages you find around the web. Use long, descriptive keywords in the title of your Digg entry and link it back directly to your site.

The benefits are as follows: Digg pages often get highly ranked in Google. When visitors find the pages you submitted, they can easily click through to your website. This gives you instant traffic – anywhere from a few visits per day to a few hundred. Secondly (and almost more importantly), having your website linked to in Digg pages helps Google index your site very quickly.

Last fall, one of my new websites got into Google 36 hours after I created it, and all I did was submit a couple pages to Digg. I was getting 100-150 targeted visits to this website everyday, right from the beginning, only because of Digg.

The method is simple – go to www.Digg.com and sign up. Submit pages to your website(s) and other interesting pages you find around the web. Whether your pages make it to Digg's homepage or not, you will receive valuable benefits from using this free and effortless website.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love Digg.com. Everytime I submit an article to Digg I get a nice boost in traffic and revenue. Are there any other sites like Digg so I can submit my articles all over the place and boost my traffic even more?

Thanks,
-$ideline

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love Digg.com. Everytime I submit an article to Digg I get a nice boost in traffic and revenue. Are there any other sites like Digg so I can submit my articles all over the place and boost my traffic even more?

Thanks,
-$ideline

Try Squidoo.com and Gather.com

Not as popular as digg but google loves them and I get very positive results.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try Squidoo.com and Gather.com

Not as popular as digg but google loves them and I get very positive results.

Squidoo is a great website. I just started getting into it...we'll see what the results end up being, but so far I've really enjoyed working with it.

Haven't tried Gather yet, I will take a look at it.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am confused on Squidoo. I don't see anywhere to submit stories like Digg. What is the premise of Squidoo and how does it help with google?

You create lenses (pages) about particular topics you are knowledgeable in.

You can then place links to your site on the lenses or link directly to affiliate products. You also get about 50% of the Adsense/affiliate income made through your lens paid via Paypal.

Google really likes Squidoo pages, so if you make a few lenses with unique content, updated regularly you should start getting some traffic.

Check out the FAQ on Squidoo.com

Castlemelody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice post. Thanks. I may try to this out once I have consolidated all the articles I write.

Take care.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just made my first affiliate sale ($20) via Squidoo after only working on it for an hour or two.

This website is HIGHLY recommended.

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
I just made my first affiliate sale ($20) via Squidoo after only working on it for an hour or two.

This website is HIGHLY recommended.

Since you already know the concept, try driving your visitors to a paid membership squeeze page.
Just a tip : Paid memberships=recurring income, don't settle for the pennies a single sale makes.
It's a little more work, but more money for you...

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Harold -

can u give an example of such a site?...

Harold -

can u give an example of such a site?...

RockDiesel

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just started creating my lens, and this thing is freaking great.

EDIT: I have a question, when people start visiting your lens and click on your adsense, amazon sales, ebay, etc...how does squidoo credit you some of the money? I haven't seen a place to input my adsense ID or anything like that, do they just know that the click or sale came from your lense and credit you accordingly?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just started creating my lens, and this thing is freaking great.

EDIT: I have a question, when people start visiting your lens and click on your adsense, amazon sales, ebay, etc...how does squidoo credit you some of the money? I haven't seen a place to input my adsense ID or anything like that, do they just know that the click or sale came from your lense and credit you accordingly?

Yes, I believe they track the lens the clicks/sales originate from and credit the lensmaster from that.

I haven't made any Adsense revenue yet...but as I said, I'm already getting lots of clicks through to Clickbank affiliate pages

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are there any other sites like Digg so I can submit my articles all over the place and boost my traffic even more?
Depending on your content; fark.com

Like digg, fark can cripple your server as well ;) At least it used to...

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I went to Squidoo and saw nothing but advertisements and articles by people claiming to have gotten rich from MLM schemes. Most of the article titles had nothing to do with the content of the article -- obvious search engine spam and total waste of time.

madk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My gaming news site was on the front page of Digg for no more than 3 minutes. It that time we got hit by over 4000 uniques. One of my writers called me up thinking the site was being hacked because with every refresh the hits climbed by 100s.

I definitely recommend digg. Not only will you get a quick burst of traffic but digg articles pop up all the time in google.

RockDiesel

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I went to Squidoo and saw nothing but advertisements and articles by people claiming to have gotten rich from MLM schemes. Most of the article titles had nothing to do with the content of the article -- obvious search engine spam and total waste of time.

Actually it isn't a total waste of time. There are plenty of topics covered that have excellent content. All those pages you thought were spam can be reported as spam and the site administration will take care of them. If no one reports them then they are just going to remain.

For example, here is a page of mine. Currently ranked #466, out of about 150,000.

http://www.squidoo.com/celebrity-autograph/

There are plenty of other lenses like mine that focus on content too. In the end, content lenses will out last and out rank those spammy lenses that you are referring to.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just had a thought - would it work if I submitted an article to digg, after a couple days bury it and then submit the same article. I get a nice boost in traffic and revenue for the first couple days and then it just drops right off so I am looking for some sort of way to level everything a bit instead of peaks and valleys.

Would digg ban me for this or would it be alright?

madk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom