Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

game.co.uk decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've long said to folks that ccTLDs are a minefield and best avoided when possible...

Yes, the game company is in the U.K. and all, but country TLDs have been, and continue to be, natoriously flaky.

Here in the U.S. for example, the .US ccTLD has all sorts of restrictions and limitations even for U.S. citizens/companies - ie. one of my .US domains is in perpetual limbo because the .US registry says it's offensive ... f*ckcensorship.us ... and yet I've owned the .com/.net, etc versions of that for many years with zero problems; so much for freedom of speech in .US - talk about ironic!

And yes, the .com registrant likely could pursue the game.net domain ... however, an attempt to do so could backfire and result in the game.net registrant getting the .com - but either way, the point is that the gTLDs (.com, .net, etc) have preference, certainly by the public at-large, and thus such desputes and seemingly strange decisions.

Ron

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unclewilco said:
just reading the decision.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/16/nominet_game_domain_dispute/

does this mean that hasbro the owners of game.com will now go after game.net (the guys who have brought the wossname against game.co.uk)?

iam confused.. its not fun anymore..

sorry if it been posted, been offline

The so-called ‘Independent Expert’ who came to the conclusion that game.co.uk is an ‘Abusive Registration’ should be sacked. How anyone could come to such a conclusion amazes me.

- Rob

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:
The so-called ‘Independent Expert’ who came to the conclusion that game.co.uk is an ‘Abusive Registration’ should be sacked. How anyone could come to such a conclusion amazes me.

- Rob

The whole thing is a laughable.. while I am sure that the owner of game.co.uk was indeed abusing his ownership of the name to bully game.com to hand over more cash...

I do not see any justification to Nominets findings. Again the UK internet domain authority, whom are supposed to act on behalf of the UK internet Community have failed us again.

The sooner the UK domain industry opens up to competition the better I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom