Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Game Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't much about domain names, but anyone know anything about Game Servers, as in Counter Strike Condition Zero servers? Any info would be appriciated thanks!

Duncan

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the CZ website for links? I used to run a NS server for about a year but it was out of home and the popularity of it started to really suck on my bandwidth.

What exactly do you need to know? Server specs for certain amount of players? How to set it up?

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of game hosts if you need one. If you want to have a game server I would go onto the server beach forums ( www.serverbeach.com ) They have a section on game servers and you can ask yours.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering like how to set my own up, do I just buy hosting? and install the game into it lol im a total newb, I dont want to pay like 50$ a month to these ppl I dont even know to use their server :/

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As long as you have a robust enough box and a decent broadband connection, you dont have to buy or lease a server. In fact, over the long haul you are probably better off running one from home.

I had a really nice DSL connection when I started mine, when I moved and had to go with cable I made sure to get the "hispeed" hispeed connection. You pay considerably more, but the upload speeds are double. Your upload speeds are most important because you are broadcasting the server information to each player.

Minimum, I would have 2.4 or better processor (Intel P4's used to run much cooler than AMD, but Im not too sure about that now - I suspect AMD has worked on thier heat issues) and a gig of ram. I have removed myself somewhat from the tech world because of the family, so take my reco for what it is worth - a starting place.

I would look around at planethalflife dot com. Im sure I started there when I ran my server. Also, look around for some CZ forums, as they will probably have server administrators there who can help.

:::Also::: If you want to set this up behind a router I can probably help you, as with mine (Linksys) there is a bit of tweaking you need to do so the firewall doesnt block communication.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really want to run mine remotely, I have DSL, but I wouldn't want to worry about my server shutting off and stuff... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom