Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

gamecube query

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to buy one if only for the resident evil series of games that are only coming out on the gamecube.

I would say for a 9 year old the main range of titles would be suited perfectly.
as i'm sure you dont want him pulling mortal kombat fatalitys just yet. (my parents let me watch predator when i was 7 and look how i turned out :laugh:)

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GQ starwars rocks

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got a Cube, and even though I'm not a fan of Star Wars, I've heard that the SW games are pretty awful.

But just remember that about a year ago, the *original* PlayStation which is now over 8 years old was about the same price as the Cube is now (<£80 at Argos with a FREE game and FREE memory card)!

The Cube is more powerful than PS2, and even though XBoxPC is more powerful still in terms of raw power, there are very few games that are worth playing on there. It's only because M$ has bottomless pockets, it can continue to promote blind half-dead incontinent sheep to the year 3000.

The Cube will last longer than Dreamcast - but because of M$ greed to conquer all computer markets, it may fall by they wayside. :( damn you M$.

Remember... Nintendo are the grandaddies of gamemaking...
Sony based Playstation on a copied idea of Nintendo's (a disc reader for the N64 - Sony and Nintendo were working together) [classic MS vs IBM tit-for-tat almost! (OS2).] And M$ experience of games is limited to plane simulations and solitaire!

Put simply Cube has a huge amount of QUALITY games. Virtually 95% of games are of a VERY HIGH QUALITY. Nintendo wouldn't allow crap to tarnish it's name, like Sony does with probably only 10% of PS2 games being a VERY HIGH QUALITY.
What do I mean by Quality? Playability, Interest Level, Originality. Never mistake hype or biased reviews for quality!
Cube has a lot of kiddies games, perhaps continuing the ridiculous hyperbole of it being a toy. Resident Evil is most certainly not a kiddies game. Cube is for everyone, and Nintendo has made sure of that!

The games on Cube I recommend:

(Mature Titles)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Eternal Darkness

(Suitable for Kiddies: [and Adults alike!)]
Lost Kingdoms
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
Wave Race Blue Storm
Ecco the Dolphin
Super Monkey Ball
Pikmin
MicroMachines
Simpsons Road Rage
Eggo Mania
Taz Wanted

I can't see why people would be foolish enough to continue buying XBox at £160 and PS2 at £170 when Cube for £80 with a FREE GAME and FREE MEMORY CARD is available.
Cube has always been cheapest too!
PS2 launched at £299. XBox at the same, but they cut it within a week because sales were the worst ever.

Don't believe this pants that XBox is doing more well in the UK than GameCube - IT IS NOT. M$ is probably paying places like Argos and Dixons to flog Cubes at these prices, just to create some kind of panic into making people think that Cube is in trouble.
That is truly disgraceful behaviour.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks chaps, will trade in my n64 and games (inclusing rogue wossname, james bond and super smash brothers) and see

what the independeant game shop (2 in cardiff!,fighting against game retial), offer me on a gamecude..

all the best wilco

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the independent game shop will only sell at the RRP. (£129.99).
You'd be better off flogging your N64 gear on eBay - they usually sell well on there.

I think this UK new price of the Cube (~£80) is about the equivalent that the US price has been for over a year.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I had kids, I'd start them off with the Nintendo Entertainment System, then the SNES, and Sega Genesis. Those systems all have great games. Sure, the graphics aren't as great as today, but when it comes to gameplay, those consoles are much better in my opinion.

RMF

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
If I had kids, I'd start them off with the Nintendo Entertainment System, then the SNES, and Sega Genesis. Those systems all have great games. Sure, the graphics aren't as great as today, but when it comes to gameplay, those consoles are much better in my opinion.

RMF

thanks, he started on those.. a few years a go and my old specturm 48k as well!.

also we have tried all the emulators and the very excellant mame

, which i love as it plays all the old machines from when i was a kid .(and older)..

if you can get the roms that is, but a guy i went to school with has about 20 origianl machines, and import boards..

(his father was a coin-op reseller!), so he was very popular..

thanks guys i will have a busy day tomorrow!

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
guys, just got one lunctime.

purple gamecube(+controller), super smash brother melle and a memory card for £78.99 !!! from argos, (cardiff had 2 left)

followup story..
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=ret&aid=1404

all the proper game shops were still selling the console on its own for 128.99!.. so got a good deal and the game he wanted!

so next week, looking on ebay for some games!

thanks for your wossname

wilco

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fonz.
I have!!

whats it like playing DVDs?(can it) my PS2 sounds like a fridge..

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sega Genesis' Sonic The Hedgehog II

- the best arcade game ever made :)

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The whole point of Gamecube was that Nintendo concentrated on Games, whereas Sony and MS made the 'mistake' of selling their consoles heavily on that they could play back DVDs, but as DVD players you can get for £50 now - there is no reason to by a console on the point that it supports DVDs. (Would you buy a PC System with a TV Card, when you can easily get a TV for much less, just to watch TV?).

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks dev, iam just thinking of my son!, he can use it with a portable tv, so can watch DVDs as well! instead of sepeartes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom