Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GD backorder help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN48

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello

i've paid for one backorder at GD but it never work!

could someone give me example of names which should work?

thanks!

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GD's backorders only really work on names actually registered with GD. If they are registered anywhere else you have almost no chance of capturing the name. Even then, you might be competing with another user who is after the same domain, so there's no guarantees.

toria

Lifetime Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never been successful backordering a domain through GoDaddy. After the third attempt a few years ago, I gave up. I think it's extremely unlikely that the fee you pay will be worth it.

Toria

Yeah, I just use TDNAM anymore for that. Basically I pay an extra $5 to $10 + reg fee.

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did get a couple of names using their backorder system, but this is a few years ago now. I've been carrying credit on it that I keep flipping from one domain to the other, but haven't been successful since. You may very well be right that it just simply no longer works since the TDNAM came along.

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't really get this, do I have to pay for the backorder price immediately or only when I get the domain ?

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't really get this, do I have to pay for the backorder price immediately or only when I get the domain ?

Don't waste your time with godaddy backorders, since the inception of tdnam all the aftermarket domains with godaddy and resellers are sold there. The backorder service previously didn't get very many domains anyway.

DN48

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and do you think GD could refund me (not ppal but give me credit to reg free names) b/c it fail so many time that i'm really fed up but thats stupid to lose this cash

SlickDomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a successful backorder once a domain that wasn't necessarily very sought after.

With that said, you never want to backorder there. Now that they have TDNAM, a backorder is only successful if noone pays the minimum price on TDNAM. It basically just puts a $10.00 bid on it.

I recommend placing a backorder on a domain you want to bid on, then bid on it until you get it. It will then use up your $20.00 credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom