Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Gee, I wonder who has been picking my berries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've no berries, but last night a pack of six deer crossed through the backwoods. The most I've been able to photograph at a time were four. I'm amazed at how wildlife manages to survive, despite the number of obstacles 'civilization' imposes.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how wildlife manages to survive, despite the number of obstacles 'civilization' imposes.
Fortunately for us, we are so close to the city limits but enjoy a real country setting and rural feel. Our property is a bona-fide National Wildlife Fund designated Sanctuary, one of only a couple of thousand in the nation. Its a pretty cool honor. We have 6.5 acres with a stream running through it, lots of brambles and natural habitat for nearly every creature. Unfortunately, I did have to kill quite a massive copperhead in my yard. That thing was as big as my arm is wide. It posed too great a risk to our dogs and to us. Beyond that, between the berries and other fruit grown on our property (grapes, persimmons, quince, peaches, pears, elderberries) and vegetables...what ever we don't get or share with family and friends...then the wildlife can partake.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We had a baby grizzly go in our pool once, it was during a hot summer and all he wanted to do is cool off... I had to keep things real quiet for fear our left wing neighbor didn't come with a Mossberg, the one he always brags about. The good news is Animal control came out and they were able to take him away without incident, only part I didn't like is when they shot him with a tranquilizer.. Poor little thing.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We had a baby grizzly go in our pool once, it was during a hot summer and all he wanted to do is cool off... I had to keep things real quiet for fear our left wing neighbor didn't come with a Mossberg, the one he always brags about. The good news is Animal control came out and they were able to take him away without incident, only part I didn't like is when they shot him with a tranquilizer.. Poor little thing.

Wow. Good thing his mom wasn't with him.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea,... critters amungst us.

Like em or leave em.

My dad sent me some similar pics.

They are some nice un's.

I like em.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how many typically graze (and sleep) on our property. I was actually surprised to see these two at this time of day or morning.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how many typically graze (and sleep) on our property. I was actually surprised to see these two at this time of day or morning.

I could send you a dozen pics in the same light.

Love em as you see em.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That is just awesome. We have bears in Norway too, but they are so rare and most people never see one in a lifetime!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That is just awesome. We have bears in Norway too, but they are so rare and most people never see one in a lifetime!

They are quite rare here as well, especially the densely populated areas in So. Cal. This happened when we were living in Ventura County several years ago, it's an area with a lot of terrain. We were told by Fish and Game, (animal control) these bears are often set free by their Mothers so they can find their own territory, Hope the little guy wasn't too disappointed when he woke up.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are quite rare here as well, especially the densely populated areas in So. Cal. This happened when we were living in Ventura County several years ago, it's an area with a lot of terrain. We were told by Fish and Game, (animal control) these bears are often set free by their Mothers so they can find their own territory, Hope the little guy wasn't too disappointed when he woke up.

I see this one had ideas above his station - thought he'd found a territory with a pool! It's a bit like Goldilocks in reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom