Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Generic keywords that work well in a domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradingnames.org

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I was wondering what do you think are the best generic keywords that can usually be combined with another keyword, that give the domain name the most value, I appreciate that the best words you can combine in many cases relate only to that specific keyword, but I am thinking about words like “shop” or “store” that work well in many cases with most names especially if they have commercial potential.

What words would you include on your top keyword combination list and what order would you rank them in?

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what term you are combining words with. 'Shoe' and 'Mortgage' are great terms but unless you are planning some sort of humor site (or the economy really, really tanks), 'ShoeMortgage.com' probably ain't a great name to own! Use Google ad words tool to determine popularity of a term. Also check to see if anyone actually uses the term. Frankly, if it is sitting there as an available name, its value is likely quite limited. There are exceptions, of course but with the downright absurd competition today, they are very few.

As a 'veteran domainer', I probably don't do six cold registrations per year now and I never did a lot. $8.00 a pop gets expensive if you are buying cool sounding stuff that nobody really cares about or, more importantly, will ever want to buy. Most everyone who has done this a long time has discovered this the hard way. You can listen and save yourself some pain but you'll probably just have to discover it the way we all did and help build bigger houses for registrar owners. Bob Parsons of Go Daddy just bought Cher's old Hawaiian digs for about $8.5M. Lots of dumb registrations paid for much of that house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom