Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Geo Domains Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicot

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first off I'd like to identify myself as a beginner in this industry. I've only been doing this for a few months and I've already made more mistakes than I can count. Luckily, every time I make a mistake my knowledge seems to improve exponentially. I've become better and better at buying profitable domains and lately I've been exploring Geo Domains. I'm very sure I've identified and registered some good domains for my area. Now, I'm a bit unsure as to what the next step should be. When I begin contacting the businesses around my city, should I include a sales pitch in my emails? I'm afraid that if I don't, most people will not understand the true value of a quality geo domain and I will not be able to sell for the prices I wish. On the other hand, I'm afraid that including a sales pitch will create distrust which, again, will lead to no sales. Any comments, tips, and advice will be greatly appreciated.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the names are any good, they'll sell themselves.

If you need to explain a thing or two, if these are the type of geodomains you're talking about, it should be easy enough to tell Richard at Richard's Flooring in Chicago that he needs ChicagoFlooring dot com, since there's many flooring companies in Chicago, but only one of this domain name. "The question is, do you want the visitors to that site calling you, or your competitors?"

Also, make it clear that your domain can coexist with their current website. I can't tell you how many people have told me "we already have a domain name", for the simple reason that they think that each website can only have one domain.

This is an acquired skill. I'd recommend trying to sell your weaker names first, so that you can get your feet wet. Then leverage your experience with some of your better names.

Good luck!

nicot

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're right, if the names are good enough they should mostly sell themselves. I guess I should simply go ahead and try without worrying too much. Depending on the type of reactions I get, I will adjust accordingly. To be honest though I'm not sure how to even start, would anyone mind perhaps posting a sample letter? Oh and thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom