Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

geo-noun.com vs geo-noun.com.hk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would really appreciate advice on this issue from members...

I bought a geo-noun.com two years ago in an auction (it was originally registered
21-aug-2007
). I won't give the real name but let's call it HongKongLimo.com. My plan was, and still is, to start a company in that name and use the domain. I parked the domain and then in Jan 2012 started building a blog-style website.

However, In Feb 2012 a local group started a company called Hong Kong Limo Ltd and registered the domain HongKongCars.com.hk. Now I am getting a lot of their email at [email protected]. (I guess that people forget to add on the .hk when they send an email) The emails relate to bookings so they are worth a lot of business. So far I haven't replied or contacted the guys who run Hong Kong Limo Ltd.

Any advice on my next move would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

However, In Feb 2012 a local group started a company called Hong Kong Limo Ltd and registered the domain HongKongCars.com.hk. Now I am getting a lot of their email at [email protected]. (I guess that people forget to add on the .hk when they send an email) The emails relate to bookings so they are worth a lot of business. So far I haven't replied or contacted the guys who run Hong Kong Limo Ltd.

Any advice on my next move would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

A company named Hong Kong Limo LTD bought HongKongCars . com. hk?

And now some of the traffic goes to your [email protected]?

They did not just miss the .hk they missed the whole keyword as well!

However, ask yourself do you want your company to succeed or do you want their company to succeed?

If you would like the former delete all the emails without responding and you can monitor the lost traffic.

tomh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi CBK

Sorry - I was trying to disguise the actual domain so gave the wrong info

In a nutshell: I own HongKongLimo.com. They own HongKongLimo.com.hk. So I am getting their email. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom