Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GeoRealty.com Vs GeoRealEstate

Status
Not open for further replies.

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if a City+Realty.com is as valuable as City+RealEstate.com ?

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my experience, xxxRealEstate.com is significantly better.

According to Google Exact Match

New York Real Estate = 12K+ searches month
New York Realty = 390 Searches Month.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO realty is solid, but third behind #1 Homes and #2 RealEstate - I think realestate agents like "realty" though so I would not just ignore it. As Chip pointed out - a lot more people search realestate vs realty - but as far as using the term...there can only be (for example) one rockvillehomes.com, one Rockvillerealestate.com, and one RockvilleRealty.com - and 1000 agents in Rockville - so "realty" is not that bad for many.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there can only be (for example) one rockvillehomes.com, one Rockvillerealestate.com, and one RockvilleRealty.com - and 1000 agents in Rockville - so "realty" is not that bad for many.

And there can only be one "Rockville.com"! I don't comment enough on how good that bad boy is. "Bethesda.com" Rocks as well. Gold!!!

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
from my perspective

realty refers to a business/service that sells/rents properties

realestate refers to the actual property listings

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO realty is solid, but third behind #1 Homes and #2 RealEstate - I think realestate agents like "realty" though so I would not just ignore it. As Chip pointed out - a lot more people search realestate vs realty - but as far as using the term...there can only be (for example) one rockvillehomes.com, one Rockvillerealestate.com, and one RockvilleRealty.com - and 1000 agents in Rockville - so "realty" is not that bad for many.

You are right..From what i have observed the term "realty" is often common with real estate companies

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Realty is very close to the tm of Realtor, so Real Estate is preferred.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Realty is not a tm

he did not say that the term "Realty" was trademarked, only that is is close in relationship to the word Realtor, which is trademarked.

as many Realtors may also have a "business/office/brick and mortar storefront" with a prefix or suffix of Realty as the name of that operation.

like JonesRealtyService and Mr or Mrs Jones is also a Realtor.

at least that would be my interpretation

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he did not say that the term "Realty" was trademarked, only that is is close in relationship to the word Realtor, which is trademarked.

as many Realtors may also have a "business/office/brick and mortar storefront" with a prefix or suffix of Realty as the name of that operation.

like JonesRealtyService and Mr or Mrs Jones is also a Realtor.

at least that would be my interpretation

I understood what he was trying to say but i just wanted to make it clear for others won't misinterpret him.... They are closely related, that's why the term is mostly common with realtors and real estate company...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Asking for advice but not taking that advice is usually foolish.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It's also important to note that for Rockvillerealestate.com and RockvilleRealty.com, only real estate companies or home builders would have an interest in either of them.
These would generally not appeal to end users so you narrow down your buying group.

Adam

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Real estate and homes get more searches than realty. But city realty domains work well for realtors or real estate companies. Realty is short and easy to spell and remember. Many companies in my area use city + realty .ca's for their business name. city + real estate domains are more desirable, but realty works too.

redomainer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a Realtor and own a number of "city"homes.com and a couple of "city"realestate.com domains. I've licensed a few of the "city"homes.com domains to other real estate agents. I think Adam is correct that it's a narrow market, end users are agents, firms, or homebuilders.

To me, a "city"realty.com has very little value since realty isn't used much for searches (personally, "realty" sounds old school to me). As an agent, "city"homes.com are the most brandable for a residential agent while "city"realestate.com has appeal to both residential and commercial agents as well as being used more in searches than "city"homes.com.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING thing is to purchase "city"homes.com OR "city"realestate.com domains of what I call "free-standing" cities. ONLY buy the domains if the town/city has a population of 30k or more and is what I call a "free-standing" city. Don't even consider buying the domains of suburbs-agents won't be interested and you'll sit on them. Even if it's a large city that's a suburb of Dallas, KC, or another, don't buy them. If you make smart choices in your purchases and work hard to market the names, you can have success. In most cases, don't spend more than $100-$500 for these domains if you want to have room to make any money.

I've purchased these types of domains for a couple hundred and turned around and signed long-term licensing deals (8-10) years for a total of $2,000. Then, a few years into the license, you can offer to sell the domain to the agent that is licensing it for a couple thousand more for a total profit of $4,000-$5,000. I'm sitting on several domains that I have no doubt I could license with a little work (sending e-mails to agents and there are a few other strategies), but don't have the time to mess with it. Let me know if I can help you with ideas to market them to agents.

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a Realtor and own a number of "city"homes.com and a couple of "city"realestate.com domains. I've licensed a few of the "city"homes.com domains to other real estate agents. I think Adam is correct that it's a narrow market, end users are agents, firms, or homebuilders.

To me, a "city"realty.com has very little value since realty isn't used much for searches (personally, "realty" sounds old school to me). As an agent, "city"homes.com are the most brandable for a residential agent while "city"realestate.com has appeal to both residential and commercial agents as well as being used more in searches than "city"homes.com.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING thing is to purchase "city"homes.com OR "city"realestate.com domains of what I call "free-standing" cities. ONLY buy the domains if the town/city has a population of 30k or more and is what I call a "free-standing" city. Don't even consider buying the domains of suburbs-agents won't be interested and you'll sit on them. Even if it's a large city that's a suburb of Dallas, KC, or another, don't buy them. If you make smart choices in your purchases and work hard to market the names, you can have success. In most cases, don't spend more than $100-$500 for these domains if you want to have room to make any money.

I've purchased these types of domains for a couple hundred and turned around and signed long-term licensing deals (8-10) years for a total of $2,000. Then, a few years into the license, you can offer to sell the domain to the agent that is licensing it for a couple thousand more for a total profit of $4,000-$5,000. I'm sitting on several domains that I have no doubt I could license with a little work (sending e-mails to agents and there are a few other strategies), but don't have the time to mess with it. Let me know if I can help you with ideas to market them to agents.

I will appreciate if you can share some of your marketing strategies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom