Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Geraldo.com - NameJet reverses auction I won. WTH??

Status
Not open for further replies.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im not sure Im understanding why this auction (which I won) has been reversed??

Hello,

We regret to inform you that a domain you recently purchased through a pre-release auction has been cancelled by the registrar of record, as allowed by the NameJet Agreement. In most cases, these cancellations are the result of the previous registrant disputing the auction within a permitted timeframe, based on that registrar's own policies.

Therefore, we will be refunding the entire auction fee and removing the domain from your account within the next few days. Please be assured that this is a rare occurrence, and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Domain: geraldo.com
Order: Pending Reversal
Auction Fee Credit:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think he complained and they listened, which is suprising but it happens.

I hate Namejet, its a corrupt alliance it has with registrars, especially NetSol. Did you know if you have a complaint at Netsol and believe a name you own should not be deleting and thus going to Namejet or any legal matter that should be sorted that the man in charge at NetSol of helping you ( top executive ) is also a board member/ceo of Namejet! Now how is that for unf**king bias and conflict of interest?

I will not spend a dime at NJ.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..........be happy you got your money back :)

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strange stuff to say the least, but yeah... glad I got my money back! Hope they reimburse the transfer fees too!

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hope they reimburse the transfer fees too!

Try to negotiate that with them. Don't expect them to agree, but...at least try.

On the side, this does happen. Search through here and other domain forums.

It depends on a variety of things, but mainly what "state" the domain name is in and if its registrant
notified the registrar or so ASAP. Naturally they'll try to correct it if they can, and refund you as it's
only...fair?

My guess is geraldo.com hadn't switched to redemption period yet when this happened, and they've
notified Network Solutions about it. NS, in turn, told NameJet.

Expect this as a risk of doing business with NameJet. Or practically any dropping service if the domain
hadn't officially switched to redemption period and al.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who remembers namewinner.com ??

they used to re-claim domains after weeks in some cases and getting a refund was a *****

no wonder the service disappeared

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems that many seem to fail to realize that there is a period of time after all "lateral transfer" (non-delete) auctions where the previous registrant can get the name back. Yes, even at NSI.
You don't even want to know how long that period of time is either. ;)

Bu, instead of *****ing about NameJet being corrupt and complaining about Registrars, just remember this.... the Registrar's primary responsibility is to the Registrant. Just because you were hoping, praying, relieved,etc. that the name would not be renewed by the previous registrant does not give you more rights than them.

You all need to understand that if YOU were the registrant and found yourself on the other end of one of these deals, you would sure expect your Registrar to have YOUR back over making a quick buck auctioning off your domain.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

...and anybody that did not expect this to happen in one way or another on this particular domain wasn't thinking too much I guess. I called this outcome days ago... said the winner would never keep the name, probably would lose no money either... but the original Registrant would get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom