Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

getcompany.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey Bryant

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We purchased a domain about 3 months ago - www.getcompany.net, since we are a reseller for company.net. Now all of a sudden, they are say we must turn the domain name over to them, we are cyber-squatting, etc.

First - our intention was to resell the products listed by company.net. And that is what we have been doing. Cyber-squatting - which we never contacted company and wanted anything for it. We only wanted to promote their services.

Do we have a lot of rights :) concerning this? I mean - we do not have any problems giving up the domain - I just think it is somewhat stupid (for lack of a better word) since we are selling their services. It also should be noted that the company does not sell thier services directly, only thru resellers.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since we are a reseller for company.net

Go read your reseller agreement with them. Pay particular attention to the parts of the contract, which you agreed to, concerning whether and under what conditions you are, and are not, allowed to use their company name or marks.

It is more than likely that your rights are established by the agreement you made with them.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
getcompany???
can such a name be TMed?
If yes, then I believe so many of us are in trouble.
I understand this issue is specific, yet it reminds me of history.
Specificaly, a witch hunt conducted in Salem....

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
getcompany???
can such a name be TMed?

One presumes that the word "company" here is a placeholder for the actual name of the company. Especially since getcompany.net is not a registered domain name.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok...

wow.
that was a close call.

Corey Bryant

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are reading it now. There are other resellers who have variations as well so it is a little confusing as to what can be done. Getting a response from the company unfortunately has been not been fruitful.

And yes John you are correct. I would rather not state the company name at this point :)

We are resellers for a lot of different companies - - and there is actually one more that seems to do the same thing for I guess the same reason :huh:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just register ****company.net and ditch them :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom