Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Getting a forum started

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What would be the best way to get activity and keep activity on a forum which will be about everything, games, music, sports, domains, hosting, dating, anything and everything. Every forum i have started it has ended up with 15-20 members and eventually goes dead. i dont have a lot ($20-$20) to put into advertising, But i have 8-10 hours daily minimum to advertise. Is posting on other forums, like 30-40 a day, Doing as much free advertising, aswell as getting some freinds active enough to get the forum going, or do i need more? i have never run a successful forum and im trying to get one started :rolleyes: but im not sure how to go about it, maybe i could offer a few prizes etc to get it started, any tips are appreciated. :)

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well what i think is must to have a bunch of people may be mods who can contribute quality posts regularly , it will create enthusiasm in other members to keep posting . Thats the main thing -- to make it rolling .... its very important.

:)

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paulrogers250 said:
What would be the best way to get activity and keep activity on a forum which will be about everything, games, music, sports, domains, hosting, dating, anything and everything.

Too much going on ... you need to pick a specific niche, and put as much relevant information on that category as you can ... updating frequently to keep members interested and coming back.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JEsports said:
Too much going on ... you need to pick a specific niche, and put as much relevant information on that category as you can ... updating frequently to keep members interested and coming back.

Exactly. Pick one very specific thing and make the forum only about that.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so far, I have paid people to post on the forum im working on.. co-admin.. the topic of the forum was interesting to them, and now they are posting without pay :-D

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can get 20 members posting with no problems, i just ask some freinds, but its after that, i need it to grow out of just freinds, more people. Maybe one topic, ill have to think about that. I was thinking use a domain which can mean anything, it seems nice for a forum, Make it one topic then when i got a lot of active members slowly creep topics in, good or bad idea?

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as long as your forum looks very active and updated while guests are visiting.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So always try keep people active, even the 20 members i can easily get, force it to grow with the advertising on forums i will be doing?

Damn them forum bots dont install easy haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom