Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

getting a WWD reseller account

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, i read and rerad all the posts, and still can not find all the info i need, si I will put my questions here, and If any one can answer them, I would really appreciate it.

I want to setup a WWD reseller account.
1) Where do i go to do that with the discount?
The link shows the normal reseller page, not the discounted for dnf page.

2) Can I have mydomain.com be the name of the site that i want to brand? if so, how is this done and by whom?

3) if #2 is doable, can the site be customized to look different and support different languages?
If yes, by whom? By me, or is it a template?

4) What is the lowest pricing for each TLD I can offer to my customers, and is that the same price i pay as well (lowest possible)?

5) When cutomers ask for support, who provides the support? If it is WWD, does it show that it is coming from mydomain.com or from WWD?

There were just the 'starter' Qs, I hope someone can answer.
Thanks!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, you may use your own domain name. In fact, I think you must use your own name. WW will build the site using a number of nice templates.

Regarding pricing you can both offer customers and get yourself I think the answer is your prices will be higher than the deal DNF worked out with WW based on their expected volume.

I am a WW reseller and unable to match the DNF low pricing, even for my own domains! In other words, my WHOLESALE rate is higher than DNF's RETAIL rate.

Management here or WW will need to confirm the above and answer the other issues.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
any more info on these questions???

I want to go ahead with this, but dont have enough info.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
any more info on these questions???

I want to go ahead with this, but dont have enough info.

I agree I am looking at setting up 2 reseller accounts very soon and it doesn't tell us on the tld pricing structure, customization etc. I know they get reviews and all but the sign-up gateway is pretty vague.

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Price list: http://www.wildwestdomains.com/pricelist.aspx

Sales Fees
Wild West Domains' sales fees and transaction fees for all purchases are as follows:

2.5% credit card fee + $0.25 transaction fee

If someone purchased a domain name and email for $30 in one transaction, then the fees would be:

Credit card = $.75 ($30 * .025 = $0.75) + Trans Fee = $.25

Total = $1.00

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
Ok, i read and rerad all the posts, and still can not find all the info i need, si I will put my questions here, and If any one can answer them, I would really appreciate it.

I want to setup a WWD reseller account.
1) Where do i go to do that with the discount?
The link shows the normal reseller page, not the discounted for dnf page.
I do not know why the WWD page isnt showing the discounted price but if you get to the cart the discount is reflected. You can also call or email WWD and tell them that you are from DNForum and they will give you the discount.

2) Can I have mydomain.com be the name of the site that i want to brand? if so, how is this done and by whom?
When you sign up to be a reseller you will enter a Company name. This will be the name of your reseller site. You can then either forward your domain to the reseller storefront or put a link on your own website that links to the storefront.

Reseller support at WWD can help you with this once you get signed up. They are really cool.

3) if #2 is doable, can the site be customized to look different and support different languages?

If yes, by whom? By me, or is it a template?

There are a lot of customizations you can do to the template, but you cannot make any language changes at this time. This is something that I have requested and I recommend that you let WWD know that you want it as well.

4) What is the lowest pricing for each TLD I can offer to my customers, and is that the same price i pay as well (lowest possible)?

Prices vary on what TLD you are selling. Easy Example is .com's: Min retail is $7.85 and max is $29. Reseller can buy them for $7.45 (Cheaper the more you buy).

Just so you know WWD keeps this info kinda hidden so that your customers cannot just come to your site and see what you are marking them up for.

5) When cutomers ask for support, who provides the support? If it is WWD, does it show that it is coming from mydomain.com or from WWD?

By default WWD provides support from secureserver.net or 480-624-2500. This is 24/7 and is very very good IMHO.

I would suggest that you contact WWD if you need more info or jsut give the program a try. They have a money back guarantee.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you should know, domain market has lots of loss leaders, companies that sell domains for loss to sell other things, its not so profitable. you ahve millions of competitors, and you earn just some cents out of each domain when the wholesale price + wwd share of profit + cc fees are taken. to get back those $99 you need to sell a lot

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AbsolutelyFreeW said:
you should know, domain market has lots of loss leaders, companies that sell domains for loss to sell other things, its not so profitable. you ahve millions of competitors, and you earn just some cents out of each domain when the wholesale price + wwd share of profit + cc fees are taken. to get back those $99 you need to sell a lot

good point, this is a very competitive business, DO NOT think that you can just set up shop and make money.

the nice thing with WWD over other domain programs is that you can sell a lot more than just domains. besides DNForum users i dont know to many people who buy a domain and not get hosting, email, and all the other stuff that gets you a web site for doing something with that domain name.

the majority of my income is from hosting which pays each month. its nice getting that direct deposit to my account each month i must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom