Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

getting .edu links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizal

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The blogs you can get on edu sites are all for university members. Even if you get a blog there, it will have no PR and nobody will link to it, thus it has no more value than any blogspot blog. At least that is Google's official position. The value of an incoming link is determined by the PR/Reputation of the link giving page, not by the extension. But I myself still tend to love edu links :D

Depending on the site you have it might be more reasonable to add you site to existing link pages. If you have some good content it might work that they add you.

Finding fitting edu link givers:

search google with site:.edu <keyword> "add link"

site:.edu <keyword> "submit link"

site:.edu <keyword> "add link"

site:.edu <keyword> "submit link"

If your content sucks you can still do some blog comment spam, don't mind if comments are nofollwed, get the link anyway. Search as above for

site:.edu <keyword> blog

and variations and comment on pages that have some PR. Do not include the anchor text in all comments, but name yourself webmaster, john etc. Make longer comments, not shit like "nice site!"
Otherwise you might harm you.

You could also do some referral spam, that is looking for sites which expose the top referring sites in a public statistic and sending traffic from your site to theirs. After you become a top referrer they will expose your site there as such and you have an .edu link :) There is software which does such things. I am not into it, though.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom