Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Getting others to sell my domain?? Best Practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeJ

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've done some searches for this... didn't find what I was looking for... thought I might post it in here for the experts. (umm, or maybe those with extra money ;) )

I have a domain I'd like to sell. (stop searching through my posts... You guys/gals won't buy it for the price I want. hmmm... maybe you'll help me sell it, though.)

I'd like to make a few (non-spammy) posts on message boards I frequent, trying to sell this domain. I'd like to offer 10% commission on the final price to anyone who will help me sell it... basically whoever brings the lead to me.

How should I go about that??? I don't want a situation where 3 people contact the same person and I wind up in a mess over who brought the deal to the buyer first.

As silly as it sounds... I could set up an affiliate program for this one domain... telling potential commission earners that their potential buyer has to click a particular link for them to be recognized as the person who gets the comission. That just really sounds lame.

So... how can/should I do this??

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The person who potentially has it sold should contact you and see if it is still available .
If they have a serious offer on the table you move the name to pending and tell the other sellers that you have an offer on the table.

Example: A couple of weeks ago I had a warehouse in Laredo, TX. that was holding product removed from a trailer that weighed in too heavy near the border. I told everyone within my industry that I was moving the products CHEAp if it were picked up at the warehouse. I got an offer and countered. In the meantime I received other inquiries and told them I had a pending offer and would get back to them if it fell through.
I closed the deal, paid the commission and told everyone it was sold.

Good luck. BTW, what's the name?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom