Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has been having the same problem as I have had the past couple days.
Last night I found 6 names I wanted to register and godaddy showed as being available. I went through the process and regd the names. Shortly after I got an email from godaddy saying that there was an error and the name was already reg'd and I would have to wait at least one day for them to refund my money.
Today the same thing happened.....I found a GREAT co.uk domain that was available and after paying I got the same email from godaddy.
Has anyone else ran into this problem?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their availability check is not realtime... you need to check elsewhere for accurate results.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is there any registrar that is real time? Thanks!

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has been having the same problem as I have had the past couple days.
Last night I found 6 names I wanted to register and godaddy showed as being available. I went through the process and regd the names. Shortly after I got an email from godaddy saying that there was an error and the name was already reg'd and I would have to wait at least one day for them to refund my money.
Today the same thing happened.....I found a GREAT co.uk domain that was available and after paying I got the same email from godaddy.
Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Sure.
Happened to me 4/5 times in past.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I usually use Dynadot to check domain availability, but I believe Enom/Namecheap are pretty reliable.

Go Daddy

GoDaddy.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We use different methods to validate domain availability at the time of the request due to latency issues that may occur between Go Daddy and the various registries. We choose to do this versus keeping the customer waiting for long periods of time in the event that we are waiting for the corresponding registry to respond. This does not happen very often, in fact the number of occurrences is far less than a tenth of a percent of all registrations that we process.

In the case that this does happen, please promptly notify Go Daddy and we will refund the domains in question.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We use different methods to validate domain availability at the time of the request due to latency issues that may occur between Go Daddy and the various registries. We choose to do this versus keeping the customer waiting for long periods of time in the event that we are waiting for the corresponding registry to respond. This does not happen very often, in fact the number of occurrences is far less than a tenth of a percent of all registrations that we process.

In the case that this does happen, please promptly notify Go Daddy and we will refund the domains in question.

Just an observation here:

The time it takes to go through finding a name, login, register, making payment, and then getting a email...later on, either in 5 mins or 5 days, and then having to contact godaddy to refund the payment I would venture to guess is LONGER than it would take for the query to the corresponding registry when registering a name.

Please correct me if I am wrong on this one.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i checked at godaddy a few days ago names someone had bought there and they showed available!!! pretty sick when your own registrar domain check isn't realtime with your own database!!!!!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get Domainpunch and scan names for avilability before registering

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i use enom.com for "Real" real-time registrations

once had a race here at work with two other guys to see who could register a domain first.

i used enom

one guy used godaddy

the other used netsol

needless to say, before they even got the name to their cart, i had already regged the name at enom and had set it to redirect to another site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom