Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Getting To The First Dollar Of Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140505_girlmedia.jpg

Getting to the first dollar of revenue for the lowest possible outlay is absolutely critical to a startup business. Many people think that it takes millions and millions of dollars to build one of their domains into a business. This may ultimately be true but it doesn’t mean that you have to initially spend like there’s an endless bucket of money.

Over the last couple of decades I’ve seen investors spend millions on websites that actually don’t earn a dime. Just because you think that you have a great idea doesn’t mean the market believes you.

The only way to test if your business has any legs at all is to build something quick, low cost and often highly manual. I know that there are many ways that you can make things better but I personally don’t care. What I really care about is whether you can actually make money from your business idea. You should care about this as well.

This means that all the focus and energy that you can muster needs to go into how you can earn that first dollar of revenue. It really doesn’t matter whether it is from advertising, selling a service or a product or doing something else. Just get the dollar!

The CEO of Amazon, Jeff Bezos initially used sneaker-net and walked a disk from one PC to another to process orders in his parents garage. If he wasn't too proud to do it like this then you shouldn't be either.

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom