Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GhostBusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In case some people aren't hip to it, the Landover Baptist Church site is all satire.

Other headlines:

*Can Star Trek Help Us Understand Muslims?
Studies show Arabs not only look like Klingons, they behave like them as well.

*Good News For Negro Families in Need
We purchase little black children.

*Christian Moviegoers Beware!
The Two Towers is Homo Slang For Erect Hobbit Penises

*Just Because God Loves To Kill Babies, Doesn't Give You Permission!

*Do You Have Demons In Your Colon?

*Is There Really Any Difference Between Deuteronomy Mandated Stoning In The Promised Land And Pistol Whipping In Wyoming?

It's all a joke... although many of the articles certainly aren't too far afield of what some people actually believe.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedropper

*Can Star Trek Help Us Understand Muslims?
Studies show Arabs not only look like Klingons, they behave like them as well.

That one hits closer to home than most of the others. While obviously humor based - there is some truth there. There is often a fair amount of truth in such (seemingly) silly analogies.

For that matter - Star Trek could help people understand many things. The creator - Gene Rodenberry - was a truly gifted - open minded - forward thinking person. We need more of those in the world.

Heck - we need more of those in this forum! :razz:

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>>We need more of those in the world.
Agreed - but not likely to happen any time soon.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com

That one hits closer to home than most of the others. While obviously humor based - there is some truth there. There is often a fair amount of truth in such (seemingly) silly analogies.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At least you got a chuckle out of it Manic - so that's something! (though prob laughing AT me and not WITH me)

Btw - your comment in that thread the other day....

"Expecting people then not to question him is like saying "Don't think about oranges. Do NOT think about oranges!"

...went unappreciated by most I think. For me though - it was one of my favorite posts by anybody in recent memory. I laughed my ass off and still laugh about it today. It was perfectly timed - and just such a great analogy. Even I couldn't argue with it - and I can argue with almost anything. It still cracks me up - and makes me smile. I mean that with all sincerity. Even though that thread ended up taking a dive after that - your comment was the bright spot.

Truly a classic. :)

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you appreciated it, NP. :)

As for laughing at you... Well, you fit the role of devil's advocate quite nicely. Keeps people on their toes!

For some of us, life is but a dream... Let's try not to make it a nightmare for everyone else.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok.... stop trying to confuse me with stuff like that last line. Either you have completely misunderstood the type of person I really am (which would not surprise me - due to the job I have here) - or else I just don't get the joke.

Anyway....

The first part reminds me of something very funny - that I have always wondered about.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Row Row Row Your Boat

Gently Down The Stream

Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily

Life Is But A Dream

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Can somebody please tell me what the HELL that means?

We all sang that as kids - I'm sure. I don't even remember the damn song having a second verse. Just the same thing over and over....... :D

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's something I try to live by.

Yes, I did ad-lib from that nursery rhyme... Probably one of the wisest ever written. :) ...Kind of Buddist, really. It's got that "all existence is an illusion" type ambiance.

A previous author also wrote: "I always try to believe at least six impossible things before breakfast." - Something might help me to understand some of the 'gnome-like beings' on planet Dnf.

As for a second verse... Not quite, but check the original (?) and much longer version here, halfway down the page - found on a random site: http://members.aol.com/MajorMicro/FEATURE.HTM

In a Wonderland they lie,
Dreaming as the days go by,
Dreaming as the summers die:

Ever drifting down the stream --
Lingering in the golden gleam --
Life, what is it but a dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom