Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Giants among us, Slaves to the Grind

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thou shalt not speak your mind

Yes indeed, the Giants among us attempt to squash the peasents by using and abusing the power alotted by the DCG. Yet another thread bites the dust. However, Giants also are strong and quite capable of bending the truth, as I stand accused of posting step by step instructions for hijacking the domains of spammers. This I did not do. Only suggested this course, and pointed out a few things for people to look for. However, the evidence has been deleted by the accuser. Yet I post a rebuttal, only to have it killed. I only suggested that it would be an appropriate payback to the often mysterious owners of spammer domains, to take the traffic generated by their spam and domains, because there contact info was A FRAUD. NOT REAL. BOGUS. ILLEGAL. FALSE. Against ICANNS rules. Try to contact the owners of the domains that are associated with all these spams. Most will bounce. Many are not even real contacts. I understand and admire when a Giant sticks up for a Slave, and they both work for GOD. But I find it ludicrous, insidious, that free speech would be inhibited , even prohibited, by the supposed moderators of this forum. Go ahead and close this post too. Ban me for all I care. Your ego may be as BIG as your moniker but I assure you I am not deterred. Retribution fuels my fire. I stand by my thoughts that you are in my humble opinion simple minded inividuals that compensate for your insecurity by imposing your thoughts and ideals upon those of us that seek fairness, justice and even a bit of revenge. But more than anything, the right to express our opinions without censorship. We try to help one another deal with all the shrapnel thats in our path. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, and we don't edit/delete your posts do we? The fact that you believe you are deciding what is best for us, also implies that you think you are better than the rest of us, and it makes me want to puke platinum.

So I say unto the Giants
in the Shadows of the Slave
the fuel for my defiance
is the power that you crave
and should I be deported
I will boast unto the brave
that when your reign is over
I shall pee upon your grave
For I detest the spammers that you save
:D

Certainly nothing wrong with a little poetic humor in the face of animosity. Have a nice day. Or Night.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And since my chance for a second rebuttal to the accusations made by the moderator Mr GiantDomains himself was also taken away by himself in the form of a suspended post, I now present you with this.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10137

Care to elaborate on why my thread was edited and suspended and why this " step by step " tutorial on how to hijack a domain gets ignored. :mad:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NexSite
And since my chance for a second rebuttal to the accusations made by the moderator Mr GiantDomains himself was also taken away by himself in the form of a suspended post, I now present you with this.

Care to elaborate on why my thread was edited and suspended and why this " step by step " tutorial on how to hijack a domain gets ignored. :mad:

Could it be that this post (link above) is highlighting an apparant loophole in the system and showing the need for it to be closed, whereas yours was detailing your intention to do something illegal?

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mine certainly wasn't as detailed as this. But mine has also been removed so how will we know?

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score

This forum has been under several owners. This post was made during one of the previous owner's tenure. He read the post, we discussed it, and it as voted not to delete the post.

Since new ownership has taken over, there has been a shift in philosophy. We do not tolerate personal attacks and unethical or illegal behavior whether or not is it stated up front.

I personally was not able to read your original post, but if one of the other moderators edited, then it was for good reason. Neither GiantDomains nor NameSlave have an ego problem. If they thought the post was worthy to be removed, then I stand behind them 100%.

-Bob

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been looking around, seems the "close thread" button might be stuck on somebodys keyboard. More threads have been closed in the last couple months then the entire time this site has been here. And it appears that it is because of a difference of opinions. That's sad. If somebody says "this place is a joke" , that's his opinion. He paid for a platinum membership, and perhaps , in his view, he paid too much. He can't request a refund, so he gets vocal. Even those who disagree with him cant reply to his thread anymore. I gues the statue of limitations for replies must have run out. I know ownership has changed. It's painfully obvious. Things are done quite a bit differently in the Great White North.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Things are done quite a bit differently in the Great White North.
Okay, let me wrap up this situation a little bit.

First off, it has nothing to do with Canada, free speech or censorship. If anything, DNForum has grown from a teen dream or an old boys' club to being part of the mainstream business community. True, things are taken care of slightly differently: we no longer tolerate unruly behavior like name calling or personal attacks. But since we don't have a written policy for everything, please apply your common sense and courtesy. For instance, advocating illegal activities such as hijacking domain names CLEARLY violates our published rules (#1 in specific), and actually those of ANY respectable forum you can find on-line. I don't think I need to go further on this.

The fact that this thread has not been closed until now demonstrates very well what kind of persons our moderators are. Actually, you would have received a more strongly-worded reprimand (and also sooner) had you targeted another member or members; just because our moderators are the only other party involved, we have the flexibility to hold that back for a while longer.

And contrary to some misstatements, we have actually intervened LESS in the past few months. Far less threads have been deleted because we strive to keep this forum a useful knowledge base of the domain name industry. So unless it is necessary, our administrators or moderators do not pop up here and there. (Personally, I must admit that some situations are better dealt with via PMs; however, as a volunteer myself, that could only be done without compromising my workload.)

Please take this as a SERIOUS warning: advocating illegal activities is NOT allowed, period; there is no grey area or any bargaining here. Moreover, our moderators are simply doing their jobs and do not deserve to be verbally abused. You may want to read more carefully rule #13. Thanks again for your attention.

[/Thread CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom