Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

gillettestadium.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
M

mole

:eek: cybersquatters abound like worms on a carcass.

Wonder who has gilletteworldofsports.com?

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
hmmm, WIPO has a busy weekend ahead.

I don't see a problem with the registrations. Kraft could have locked up all of the extensions when they registered the dot com. But they chose not too. A number of tenants may be interested in picking up the other extensions but it wont be successul through WIPO

M

mole

Cut it either way, 'Gillette' is a tm that will be difficult for speculators to argue out of. It's really a question of whether Kraft wants to, are paranoid enough to, clamp down.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I am certain that the Krafts could obtain all these infringing registrations should they wish to fight, the real moral to this story is that defensive domain name registrations could have made all of this moot.

:cool:

M

mole

Originally posted by dotsofdomains
defensive domain name registrations could have made all of this moot.

Hey dots, that would be a very expensive exercise for two+ words. Why worry when you can WIPO their ass? :dead:

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, they can wipe out the squatters, eventually, but only after considerable time and expense.

By contrast, dozens gTLD registrations cost a LOT less than a single URDP proceeding. Again: pay a little now, or pay a lot later.

VoxKeysGtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Hey dots, that would be a very expensive exercise for two+ words. Why worry when you can WIPO their ass? :dead:

Man, that's chump change for these guys. What's it cost to register a domain name? Peanuts.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exactly my point: even if you don't care about these "me-too" domains and all, if you spend a few hundred, even a couple thousand at the outset, you can avoid thousands and thousands of expenses fighting the squatters later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators